Michael Hopcroft
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got part of my first game in at the GameStorm Game Day. Although we didn't play to completion, I was being beat up pretty badly even though I was gaining a little bit of ground. I was rolling really well in terms of getting artillery support, but really poorly in terms of actually doing any damage with it.

One thing we realized when it was time to shut it down is that we may have missed times when units lose steps during the morale checks. And I'm trying to figure out exactly how that works. With this CRT is is extremely difficult to kill units outright with either bombardment fire or direct fire, so step reduction through failed morale checks is a very significant question.

(For the record, we were playing Scenario 2 in Bulge. The main combat took place in the space between the two huge wooded areas in the border between maps 9 and 20. Plus we usually got terrible spotting rolls which meant that the fog was getting in the way of the two forces seeing each other to fight.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Lloyd
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With moral checks, demoralized units lose step when they fail by 3 or more. If you do the math, it means failing by 2 more than the normal moral level.

Example: A German, full strength, grenadier is demoralized. German moral is 8/6. This makes the grenadier's moral 7. If forced to take another moral check, it looses a step on a modified 10 or more. If another moral check, after loosing a step, it is eliminated on a modified 8 or more (its moral would be 5 at that point).

Don't forget to check if any leaders in its hex die too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Heath
United States
Galesburg
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Normal + Disrupted result = Disrupted
Normal + Demoralized result = Demoralized
Disrupted + Disrupted result = Demoralized
Disrupted + Demoralized result = Demoralized
Demoralized + Disrupted result = Demoralized (no change)
Demoralized + Demoralized result = Demoralized + step loss

You can never* take a step loss for failing a self rally attempt

* - except when a Komissar has a gun to your head
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.