Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Dulsky
United States
Bryn Mawr
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In summary this event locks the initiative order of the players and can only change it with feints poke with sticks and attack 5. Now, how does this interact with a monster (ie big boss gronkk: attacks players 1 and 2 for 15). In which all players but initiative 3 are dead. Does player 3 never get hit or does initiative slide as players die off? Sorry for the formatting typing this on my iPhone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dulsky
United States
Bryn Mawr
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So now that I am at my computer I can type this a bit more proper.

So we were having a particularly violent game and it came down to 3 players (out of 5) going into the last fight against Big Boss Gronkk. The event which activated was Lets do this MY way which reads... ~"Initiative is dealt as normal for the first round, then after the someone plays successfully a Feint, Poke with Stick, or Attack 5 they can arrange the initiative order of the party."

Player 1 and 2 subsequently die to Big boss Gronkk's 15 DMG attack to both of them. Leaving player 3 frozen with his initiative of 3.

So what happens next =]

Look forward to hearing your replies! A glorious bloodbath as always! devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Covert
United States
Sandy Hook
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

From the creator:

Hi Chris - oooh, that does sound like a fun smack-down!

Happily, we do cover this situation in the rule book. You'll find it in the glossary section under 'Creature Attacks'. But for convenience, here it is:

Creatures always get the full number of attacks they are due. If for some reason a creature with a Random Attack tries to strike a Player (say Player #3 in a 3 Player game) and that Player is dead, the attack does not just miss. All attacks due a creature will happen. Assign that damage to the next logical Player (Player #2 would be the next in line for our example). It also means that if you are the ‘last man standing’ and the creature strike Player 1 and 2, you get hit twice!

So... ouch! That means Boss Gonkk is hitting that last player two times, for 30 damage per Round.

Was it a TPK?
"Without teamwork, you'll never survive!"

Glad you are enjoying the game!
Curt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dulsky
United States
Bryn Mawr
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes it was a TPK =] Our group tends to not survive when there is more than 1 of the Cardinal Sins in play. We got Temptation and Greed =] Things spiraled out of control from there. Also I missed the blurb on the Big Boss card that he smacks everyone for Damage then gets put at the bottom of the deck, So we probably wouldn't have even got to the last fight.

devil Teamwork and Survival is over-rated devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Covert
United States
Sandy Hook
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Lordgloom wrote:

devil Teamwork and Survival is over-rated devil

Ha! Love it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.