Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shaun Mather
United States
Yuma
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a morale modifier that states "-1 for a Levy or Scythed Chariot unit".
Now, I believe I know the answer to this, but just tossing out for confirmation: I went through all my counters and could not find a Levy chariot anywhere, so I am assuming this should be read as "-1 for any Levy unit, or a Scythed Chariot unit..."
Made a big difference to my first game of the Marathon battle...and went with the Levy Infantry as the meaning of this modifier and they routed half their army (very cool!).
So, if anyone wants to give a quick confirmation that this is the proper interpretation that would be great, then off to fight the next one!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Tete Montoliu - Tootie's Tempo
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PsychoZulu wrote:
So, if anyone wants to give a quick confirmation that this is the proper interpretation that would be great, then off to fight the next one!

As you noted, there are no levy chariots, so yours is the only sensible interpretation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reinhard Mueller
Germany
Gauting
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PsychoZulu wrote:
There is a morale modifier that states "-1 for a Levy or Scythed Chariot unit".
Now, I believe I know the answer to this, but just tossing out for confirmation: I went through all my counters and could not find a Levy chariot anywhere, so I am assuming this should be read as "-1 for any Levy unit, or a Scythed Chariot unit..."
Made a big difference to my first game of the Marathon battle...and went with the Levy Infantry as the meaning of this modifier and they routed half their army (very cool!).

In the rules in the books appendix, page 239, it is unambiguous:
-1 for a levy unit, a scythed chariot unit..

I found several instances where the rules in the rulebook or the quick reference have introduced some ambiguities, while the rules in the book are always clear. So always check there if in doubt.
I wished the concise rules in the Appendix were available as a seperate booklet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Sabin
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
There are other cases where certain rules in the Appendix are too easily missed, and it was user demands for greater explicitness which contributed to the length of the separate rules booklet. A deliberate feature of the boxed game is that owners can use whichever set suits their own preferences, as long as they note the few asterisked changes since the paperback was published. Hopefully this gives something of the best of both worlds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Mather
United States
Yuma
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
In the rules in the books appendix, page 239...

I have only made it to page xviii so far! Guess I will have to skip around a bit. Thanks for pointing it out.

Question answered, thank you all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Mather
United States
Yuma
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
As you noted, there are no levy chariots, so yours is the only sensible interpretation.

Here is an interesting section from the rules section 1.2 "(representing elephants and average or levy chariots,...)"arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.