Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Gassett
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanted to get clarifications on a couple points.

1) On the sensei card that functions as either a 2 or a 4 dojo card: can you use just this sensei tile to substitute for playing a dojo card to acquire another sensei tile?

2) It seems that rumor cards are never really cycled out unless someone buys them or gets them during a scoring phase - in other words, they aren't cycled off at the end of each round - just empty spots filled - correct? I'm really asking this question for a gaming partner of mine, who had a real question/problem with the fact that they weren't changed out enough (in her opinion).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart de Vos
Netherlands
Groningen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Apocryphile wrote:
Just wanted to get clarifications on a couple points.

1) On the sensei card that functions as either a 2 or a 4 dojo card: can you use just this sensei tile to substitute for playing a dojo card to acquire another sensei tile?

I'd say no. You need to discard a card for that or have already mastered a certain class of skills.

Quote:

2) It seems that rumor cards are never really cycled out unless someone buys them or gets them during a scoring phase - in other words, they aren't cycled off at the end of each round - just empty spots filled - correct? I'm really asking this question for a gaming partner of mine, who had a real question/problem with the fact that they weren't changed out enough (in her opinion).

You are right. They aren't cycled off. I've heard other players complain about this as well. Sometimes you can get screwed if a rumor card that you've collected one or two from in the first few rounds doesn't show up anymore. It's even more problematic with 2 or 3 players, as less cards will be bought. I think that's exactly the reason why this game works best with 4.
I've not played it with 2 yet, but perhaps there is a need to make a house rule that lets players decide to recycle cards at the end of a round?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Arnold
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
These are both addressed in the rules compilation thread, but Bart has it right. An actual dojo card must be used to get a skill; skills like Tactics may only be used in combat.

And the Rumor and Envoy areas are never emptied (except by players), just 'topped up'. After all, Rumors have a way of hanging around and why would Envoys just leave?

The only area that get the 'flush' is the Skills area after each round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.