Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chuck Richards
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Hi everyone,

I have started to play NightFall and have a question.

I have five cards in my hand and it is not my turn. After the person's whos turn it is plays and I play on his chain that leaves me with less then five cards. Do I draw until I have five cards even though it is not my turn or do I just keep playing with less then five cards until the cleanup phase of my turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Graf
Germany
Koblenz
flag msg tools
designer
Help me! I got addicted to MtG again!
badge
Help me! I got addicted to MtG again!
mbmbmbmbmb
From the Rules:

The Cleanup Phase
The last thing you do on your turn is draw cards. If you have fewer than 5 cards in your hand, you must draw cards from your deck until you have 5 cards in your hand.

i.e. you don't draw cards in other players turns, except you have some chain effect allowing you to do this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gregg
United States
Franklinville
NC
flag msg tools
designer
NightfallGame.com/FAQ
badge
boardgamegeek.com/thread/1234645
mbmbmbmbmb
Oliver is correct. You only draw at the end of your own turn. This means you have to choose between playing on someone else's turn and playing on your own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Richards
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
Then I have been playing correctly. So far this is the most strategic deck building game I have played. ninja A fresh change from the rest.

So far I have only played 2 player games but I think this is really made for 3 or more by how a 2 player games plays. Will try a 3 or 4 player today.

I thank you both for your replies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mychal
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
s3rvant wrote:
You only draw at the end of your own turn. This means you have to choose between playing on someone else's turn and playing on your own.

This is by far my favorite mechanic in the game, and might be my favorite mechanic of any deck building game I've played. It adds so much strategy to your decisions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.