14 Posts

The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Beravor + Unexpected courage rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anatole
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Beravor + 3 Unexpected Courage Attachments = 6 card draw?

- Anatole

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lizard
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
8 if you want...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oleg volobujev
msg tools
mbmb
Yes you can draw 8 cards...... Actually is crazy and really unbalanced special with Protector of Lorien.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anatole
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, thanks for the clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Moore
United States
Oxford
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Gotcha!
mbmbmbmbmb
Glaurung2 wrote:
Yes you can draw 8 cards...... Actually is crazy and really unbalanced special with Protector of Lorien.

Yes, maybe....if you can get them all on her (which, I guess once you get ONE on her, it can help you find the other copies in the deck faster!) I've never actually had this happen in my decks with Berevor yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lizard
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rcmoore4 wrote:
Glaurung2 wrote:

Yes, maybe....if you can get them all on her (which, I guess once you get ONE on her, it can help you find the other copies in the deck faster!) I've never actually had this happen in my decks with Berevor yet.

Me neither and I think that this would happen so late in the game that we could not call it overpowered. Not compared to reducing your threat by 5 for just one resource, or getting a card on the table - basically for free - that gives you each round 2 resources. Here you have to actually work for it and moreover, if you've come that far that you found your third UC it is probably better to play it on another character.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Rachemoss
United States
Silver City
New Mexico
flag msg tools
Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.
mbmbmbmbmb
jrd23 has posted some house rules that deal with these issues:
Quote:
* Steward of Gondor exhausts for 1 resource, not 2.
* Gandalf only gets his Response ability when played normally.
* Remove Will of the West from the game when played.
* Cards with exhaust abilities may only use them once per turn.
* A Northern Tracker places one progress token on one location in the staging area.
* A character may not have duplicates of the same attachment.
* Any effect which modifies a character's Will, Attack or Defense may not increase any of these by more than 4 during a turn.

He has also posted session reports where he uses them. It looks like a good idea to me, especially for people who want more of a challenge. I think these rules can make the game a lot more interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anatole
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can I use Beravaor's draw ability at the end of the round if she is still ready and not exhausted? So if I have unexpected courage and I use her to defend and then ready her again and the round ends with her ready, can I then exhaust her at the very end of the round and draw 2 more cards (or more if I have unexpected courage on her)?

- Anatole

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes you can do that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anatole
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For some reason I didn't think of it before, so I was totally wasting her ability. It made a huge difference in the game to be able to do that.

- Anatole

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anatole
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have another question about unexpected courage. Can I use it to defend twice in the same round? I have been using Frodo, can I slap Unexpected Courage on him and use him to defend twice in the same round?

- Anatole

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uncle Potato
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, this is legal. After determining combat damage in step 4 of one enemy attack, Frodo can ready with Unexpected Courage and be declared as a defender in step 2 of another attack. Every enemy attack is resolved separately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fast Hitch is a cheaper way to do that with Frodo, but you also have to take into account that Frodo's ability can only be used once per phase, so if you have to use it on the first attack, then Frodo becomes a fragile defender for the second.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anatole
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have fast hitch yet. I didn't realize his ability can only be used once per phase... I just checked the card and it says it right there. Oops. Thanks for the reminder.

- Anatole

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.