Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marcel RĂ¼edi
Switzerland
Adliswil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

If you finish a round in a village, is it possible to plunder the village before your first turn of the next round ? If yes, even for the first player ?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Hurp
United Kingdom
Aldershot
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're plundering during other players turns, so the only way i can see that this wouldn't happen is if you were playing the last turn in a round, and then played the first turn in the next round (effectively taking 2 turns in a row). Now I put in those terms, i can imagine it happening when players are doing PvP and Co-Op city assaults.
In my mind, I would house-rule the RAW to allow it to happen as I feel the rule is more to keep the game moving, rather than any other reason. Just do it at the end of the turn, before proceeding with the next turn/round.
(of course if Paul or Vlaada post the opposite ruling, I apologise in advance )

EDIT: Ah, I misunderstood the issue. You were looking to see if you could bolster your initial hand in the round. I see no reason why this wouldn't be allowed with the current RAW. So if you were second in a round, you could plunder during the first players first turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe you can even plunder it even if you are first in the round. I think this cropped up in testing, I asked Vlaada and I think he said it was ok. Then again, that was a while ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kelly
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulGrogan wrote:
I believe you can even plunder it even if you are first in the round. I think this cropped up in testing, I asked Vlaada and I think he said it was ok. Then again, that was a while ago.

Correct as usual. Main rulebook, page 5, "A Player's Turn", 1a.
TK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip
Canada
Moncton
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know this is a late answer.

But page 5. A Player's Turn
Quote:
1. Some Tactic cards, Skill token and the village description card offer you options that are labeled as "before your turn" or "on another player's turn"

1a. For game purposes both of these are the same. You can play them while others are playing, or just before your turn.
Note: You can use effects playable "on another player's turn" before your first turn, even if you are the first player to play this round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Astronautski Astronaut
msg tools
Question connected to the above, I couldn't find the answer anywhere.

When plundering a village before first turn of the round, is it legal to do it BEFORE you choose your tactic?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reed Dawley
United States
Delmar
New York
flag msg tools
Playing more games is better!
badge
Collecting games is not playing games!
mbmbmbmbmb
https://boardgamegeek.com/article/20928615#20928615

David desJardins knows his stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.