6 Posts

Neuroshima Hex! Babel13» Forums » Rules

Subject: Spy ability rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Darko Lightsaber
msg tools
mb
A spy can use the ability of an enemy HQ as it was an owned/allied HQ, when it is an adjacent position. Does the HQ kill the enemy spy in normal way during battle?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Mierz
United States
Middletown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Spy ability doesn't take over modules and HQs, it just gets their benefits. The Spy still attacks its enemies and is hit by its enemies, even if those enemies are ones being spied on.

Note that this is different from the Vegas army's Takeover ability, which does actually convert them to your side, which means they don't attack each other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Weston Stapleton
United States
Keller
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I liked goats before they were cool
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a little buried, but I have a question about the Spy ability as well. I understand how the spy can get enemy module bonuses as long as an arrow is pointing at him. What about the reverser modules like Neo Jungle "Vines" and Outpost "Saboteur". They give attached enemy units "-1 Init". Does the SPY ability make them invulnerable to an opposing armies Vines or Saboteur? I can see absolutely nothing that would make this true, but someone in the gaming group insists that the Spy ability makes them not appear as an enemy unit to Vines and Saboteur.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
Around the time the NH app was released for Andriod I asked the developer a handful of questions to make sure everything was implemented correctly. One of them was:

Quote:
1. NY spies are treated as enemies by enemy Sabotaur/vines in the Android implementation. This originally didn't bother me cause the description of "spy" was

"A Spy can link itself to enemy Modules or Headquarters as if they were friendly Modules or Headquarters, automatically receiving their bonuses and benefits." So the fact that detriment mods treat them as enimeies didn't bug me. However the description of the scoper is:
"As long as the Scoper is connected to an enemy module it gives bonuses to Outpost's units instead of the enemies"

and thanks to this new revalation about the scoper I now must be certain that Spies are supposed to be affected by enemy detriment mods.

Note: The previous question about the Scooper was to confirm that the Outpost Scooper could take over negative mods like Neo Jungle "Vines" to which the answer was yes hence my follow up question about spies.

Here was the response I received:

Quote:
As for the first question, if I understand correctly, you are asking
if she Spy unit should be negatively affected by Saboteur/Vines. The
answer is "yes" spies are normal Units with the special skills that
they get positive bonuses from any module on the board. Nothing
changes in case of negative bonuses from enemy Saboteur/Vines - just
like every other unit, they have initiative decreased.

From the answer I would be led to think your friend was wrong. Now people here have disregarded the answers I've received from the developers of the app on the grounds that they are not the developers of the game and simply are answering so that they don't have to fix the app but they do seem to be in contact with the game developer and they have fixed bugs I brought to their attention so I have no reason to think it's the wrong answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Weston Stapleton
United States
Keller
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I liked goats before they were cool
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks allstar. I posted this figuring it may get answered in the next few weeks because the thread was so buried, and then I log on an hour later to an answer. Excellent! Have some GG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
Many of us here subscribe to various boards so if you post in any thread we get informed in our "new" page. Hence we will usually respond pretty quickly to any post you make especially us who answer questions.

Oh and thanks for the geek gold.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.