Mage Knight Board Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: Any idea for custom heros rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
clarence
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Preferably an idea of a special card in the starting deck and a set of 10 skill.

How about a cleric hero who have a more powerful version of the Tranquility card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him. 2 Sam 14:14
mbmbmbmbmb
My daughter likes to buy hero clix to use as different figures. Not quite what you're talking about, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Jackson
United States
Mather
California
flag msg tools
OK, one time Randy Beaman had to take baths with his brother. So one time his little brother took a potty in the bathtub .....and now Randy Beaman gets to take showers alone. 'K, bye.
badge
One time, OK, see, one time Randy Beaman's little brother ate Pop Rocks and drank a soda at the same time and his head exploded! 'K, bye.
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the idea of a hero that allows movement after an action. Perhaps:

Forced March (Green) - replaces Stamina

Base ability - Move 2; These 2 Movement points may be used after attacking or using influence.

Using Green Crystal or Token - Move 4; These 4 Movement points may be used after attacking or using influence.

Maybe a bit too powerful? I dunno, but I like the idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Pettifer
England
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's one I've been thinking about, a Vampire / Necromancer type character. I've not really thought about the exact wording of the abilities but hopefully it's obvious what they do. It's a bit rough at the moment - for example the replacement card seems a bit boring.

Unnatural Endurance (Replaces Stamina)
Move 2, -1 Cost for each space moved after the first, minimum cost 2
Move 4, -1 Cost for each space moved after the first, minimum cost 2

Gaseous Form: /r Move up to 3 spaces for 1 Move each, doesn't provoke
Lifesteal: /t Attack 1, If you defeat one or more enemies Heal 1
Magical Charm: /t Influence 2, if you pay 1 mana Influence 4
Cold Magic: /r Blue crystal, blue or black token
Essence Magic: /r Green crystal, green or black token
Death Magic: /r Gain a wound, a blue and a green crystal, and a blue, green or black token
Raise the Dead: /t Keep one enemy token you defeated this turn or discard a previously kept token for Attack at half it's strength or Block at half it's armour.
Sacrificial Ritual: /t Discard a unit to get Heal 2, -1 Reputation
Motivation: As normal (blue token)
Antimagic Field: /r Whenever others pay mana they must pay double. Gain one of these mana at the start of your next turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Srinivasan
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PhilP wrote:
Here's one I've been thinking about, a Vampire / Necromancer type character. I've not really thought about the exact wording of the abilities but hopefully it's obvious what they do. It's a bit rough at the moment - for example the replacement card seems a bit boring.

Unnatural Endurance (Replaces Stamina)
Move 2, -1 Cost for each space moved after the first, minimum cost 2
Move 4, -1 Cost for each space moved after the first, minimum cost 2

Gaseous Form: /r Move up to 3 spaces for 1 Move each, doesn't provoke
Lifesteal: /t Attack 1, If you defeat one or more enemies Heal 1
Magical Charm: /t Influence 2, if you pay 1 mana Influence 4
Cold Magic: /r Blue crystal, blue or black token
Essence Magic: /r Green crystal, green or black token
Death Magic: /r Gain a wound, a blue and a green crystal, and a blue, green or black token
Raise the Dead: /t Keep one enemy token you defeated this turn or discard a previously kept token for Attack at half it's strength or Block at half it's armour.
Sacrificial Ritual: /t Discard a unit to get Heal 2, -1 Reputation
Motivation: As normal (blue token)
Antimagic Field: /r Whenever others pay mana they must pay double. Gain one of these mana at the start of your next turn.

Thoughts of things to consider changing before playtesting:
-My guess is that Unnatural Endurance will feel weak.
-Gaseous Form is very strong, easily on par with Flight.
-Sacrificial Ritual seems incredibly situational and weak even when it's a good idea. The flavor's nice but what skill will you pick this over?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Srinivasan
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is a Monk. Not yet playtested. Possible issues include Resistance being weird, Peacemaking being weird, Knowledge of Pain being too weak or too strong, Local Allies being too weak, and the strong effect of Skillful Equanimity being too strong.

Skillful Equanimity (replaces Tranquility):
Heal 1 and draw 1 card
Heal 2 and draw 2 cards

Rested Walk: /t Move 1, or Move 4 if you started this turn at a non-burnt Monastery
Resistance: /t In the Assign Damage phase, after assigning any desired Wounds to units, reduce the total damage by 1 for each unblocked attacker
Generosity: /t Influence 2, or Influence 3 when Interacting at a Monastery
Formless Magic: /r Gain a white mana token and your choice of either a gold mana token or another white mana token
Peacekeeping: /t Ranged Attack 1, or Ranged Attack 3 against a rampaging enemy
Peacemaking: /r Mark an adjacent rampaging enemy and gain 1 Reputation. Movement no longer provokes that enemy. Anyone challenging that enemy gains -1 Reputation and gains no Reputation for defeating it
Learned: /r Add an Advanced Action to the unit offer and you may play an Advanced Action in the unit offer as if it were in your hand
Knowledge of Pain: /t Take a Wound from a unit you control into your hand, or put a Wound from your hand onto an unwounded unit you control
Motivation: /r Draw 2 cards. If you have the least Fame, gain a green mana token
Local Allies: /r Until the end of your next turn, Mages you encounter do not have site fortifications and Mages other players encounter have Attack + 1 and Armor + 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.