Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave C
United States
flag msg tools
You Greeks are always children!
badge
Jean Gabin in La Grande Illusion
mbmbmbmbmb
I really enjoy comparing my group's Earth #4871 with other earths. Yet the information in the session reports and other threads is scattered and scarce. Has anyone thought of databasing the information? Others have suggested in threads that it would be interesting to see if there are patterns to our collective quest for domination...

I imagine there are fans of the game out there who have the brains and skills to make browsing the different earths a bit easier.

Is there something that can be done with BGG's range of tools? Maybe the blogging feature?

I guess I am a reference geek--I love the idea of just typing in the number of an alternate universe, say, Earth #308 and see what it is like there. Any thoughts on this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rochelle
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
Fisher's back!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it'd be fun, but I'm near-certain you'd need a custom off-site solution to be truly searchable. Within the limits of BGG stuff, I'm maintaining a "State of the World" post* for the game with our youth group that I'm blogging. I'd be happy to share out the markup that formats it. Something like a forum thread or a geeklist could then contain a whole bunch of those posts from interested people.

*Note: contains overt spoilers from various packets.

There are some markup problems I haven't solved yet, such as:
Sign board twice
Spoiler (click to reveal)
How to represent the new sea-line

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordy Crozier
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah a geeklist with a Profroma for what information is needed could work:

Earth Number:
The World of:
Players:
Faction Powers:
Continents:
World Capitol:
Major Cities:
Minor Cities:
Scars (Including Sealines):
Do Not Open. Ever. Contains:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory
mbmbmbmbmb
this sounds like fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.