Sebastian Grawan
Germany
Lehrte
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

Check out this news from FFG's website...

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=2997

I think we will see some of these new miniatures (unpainted) in some upcoming Mansions of Madness expansion.

What do you think...?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
Ummm... 'yes'...?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Grawan
Germany
Lehrte
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bleached_lizard wrote:
Ummm... 'yes'...?
If the newly modeled monsters are a glimpse of what's to come for Mansions of Madness, then I sense a Cult-themed expansion coming up - concerning the 'Goaty' miniatures.

If there would have been any Fishmen, I'd guessed for a Innsmouth expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Gaskill
United States
Bridgeton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No doubt but with FFG saying useable with MoM (so they
have to come up with monster counters) or AH it may well be
they intend to produce Monster for all the AH as well.

OD
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It was pointed out in a previous thread, either on BGG or possibly Lead Adventure, that the Dunwich expansion is supposed to be the best and best selling expansion to Arkham Horror. This may have steered the miniatures release in a 'goaty' direction.

I really like the Dark Young. Unexcited about the other new minis, though. I'd like to have a better picture of the new Hunting Horror before I decide whether or not to purchase it as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yuriy Matuhno
Ukraine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I pray for Black Goat of the Woods MoM expansion. Dark Young is my favourite Cthulhu Mythos monster. And Shubb is one of my favourite ancient ones, though even it doesn't matters in MoM as there is no AOs anywhere but flavor text.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Herrera
United States
Highland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't wait for wave two of the Monsters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
You might be right in FFG producing monsters that probably are more directed at AH than at MoM. For one, I do not see an overall use of the Wizard Whateley figure, or that of the Dunwich Horror. Sure, for one scenario, probably, but that would be overkill for just one figure, wouldn't it?
That said, FFG would be lacking some serious commercial skill if it did not cash in twice for one figure mold - primarily for AH and all the AH players, and secondly for all the MoM players. In MoM boxes they can include those figures, making them a lot more pricey than without those. And also include them without being painted.
So the direction is only "for now"...

Basically, that's what happened with the Investigator minis.
First they asked if the fans wanted it. The majority said no, due to too high price.
Then FFG said that they would listen to their fans and not produce them at the time.
Then they produced them anyway, only a brief timespan later (I guess the molds were already produced).
And then they were included in the MoM boxes, to make up for production costs, and probably to haul in a bit of more money.

Now, I don't say that this is bad or something.
It is just smart business to create two needs for one product!

And here's to hoping that the figures can be bought unpainted, aswell. Because I do not want these colour schemes, and would much prefer to paint them myself. But it is quite unlikely that there will be more shoggoths etc. included in upcoming MoM expansions, but there would be figures missing for a complete AH set, in the end...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek W
Poland
flag msg tools
Commutator
badge
.Komutator
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG: Let's make mini figures for AH players!

AH players: No way, we're not buying these.

FFG: Corey, you've got 3 weeks to come up with a Cthulhu Mytos game that will use mini figures.

Corey: Okay, consider it done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.