Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jared Wilson
Canada
Port Perry
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

What's the best version of this game to get?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laurence Cutner
Canada
Courtice
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, I would go for the original SPI version. I would love to get a copy now. I remember them being a simplistic but not simple series of games. Rostov was my favorite.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Blanchett
United States
St Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whichever you can find...

IIRC, Sunset didn't change anything in their version, but fix errata and make it nicer graphics-wise. I just finished playing Operation Star from my SPI edition... that one and Rostov are the two best of the bunch.

Stay away from the S&T versions of Kiev & Rostov as not only do they keep the errata from the original, but they add some of their own. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
gb1469 wrote:
Whichever you can find...

IIRC, Sunset didn't change anything in their version, but fix errata and make it nicer graphics-wise. I just finished playing Operation Star from my SPI edition... that one and Rostov are the two best of the bunch.

Stay away from the S&T versions of Kiev & Rostov as not only do they keep the errata from the original, but they add some of their own. shake

I have hte SPI one recommended. Unpunched but I played it a long time ago and recall enjoying all of the battles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Price
United States
Dover
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The best is the Sunset Edition, by far (assuming original SPI documentation is included). Original SPI game with counter and map fixes and fantastic map graphics (as stated previously). This edition is how Decision should publish all of their SPI reprints, sadly they don't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.