Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Warrender
United States
Rockaway
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone run this as a series with the same players where at the end, the "winner" was given the game? I thought it was mentioned but didn't see any threads to indicate it was done yet.

Just curious as to how to go about it, "keep score", etc.

If my question is too vague, I can certainly give more info.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rochelle
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
Fisher's back!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Keeping score is easy; the winner is signing the board. If you prefer a slightly tweaked scoring solution, I'd suggest a soccer-derived system awarding 3 points for a win and 1 for holding on -- but I don't think that's necessary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordy Crozier
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah it would make sense to just do it victories. Whomever wins the most at the end of 15 games gets to name the world and gets the board. I'd also thought of it being a charity fundraiser. You could get sponsership and do it endurance style play until 15 games are played in one go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Sousa
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does it really matter who "owns" the game after game 15? If you play the game again after game 15, it's going to be with the same group you played with for those 15.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deric Harrington
United States
Rensselaer
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My group is doing this exact thing... Whoever signs the board the most at the end of our 15 games gets to keep it as a trophy... assuming they bring it back whenever we all want to play again :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Warrender
United States
Rockaway
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And about how many sessions do all 15 games take? As you get deeper and deeper in, is the game length longer or shorter?

My guess is we'd try to do 2-3 games per session, assuming they were 60-90 min each.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deric Harrington
United States
Rensselaer
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We are only 7 games in, but they have taken 60-90 minutes each. I think it'll still get longer, but we haven't experienced it yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Goodwin
United States
Maryland Heights
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We are currently doing this at the St. Louis boardgame meetup. Our plan is to Justin count how many times a player signs the board. Our first game took about an hour, but I expect this to speed up then slow down after a while.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.