Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shiloh Christie
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
Where do you go to register for a regional dominion tourny??? I know the World Championships are at GenCon this year. I am from Michigan- anything in the Detroit area??? Is there a way to host an official tourny???

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stevens
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
I protect the sheep in our society from the wolves.
mbmbmbmbmb
Can ANYONE (me) sign up for the World Championships at Gencon or do you have to qualify at some Regional tournament?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Haver
United States
Upper Arlington
Ohio
flag msg tools
www.theCOGS.org
badge
www.theCOGS.org
mbmbmbmbmb
The Columbus Area Boardgaming Society holds an annual Dominion tournament. This year we're holding the event in May.

2011 Tournament

2010 Tournament

Jay has stated on his website that he will provide details (in the near future) of US qualifying for World's at GenCon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shiloh Christie
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
Who is Jay??? Link please??? Details???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shiloh Christie
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
I wanted to know the answer to Mike's question also.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wolfe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Zendo fan, Columbus Blue Jackets fan, Dominion Fan.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shilohc888 wrote:
Who is Jay??? Link please??? Details???

Jay is Jay Tummelson, president of Rio Grande Games, the publisher of Dominion.

The following quote appears on this page.
Quote:
The Dominion World Masters Tournament will be held this year at Gencon. We have invited our partners from around the world to hold tournaments in their countries and send the winner. For the US, we are asking local conventions to sponsor “regional” tournaments so the winners can participate in the US finals prior to Gencon. We plan to hold those in June. We are also asking those who have held Dominion tournaments at conventions since October to contact us as we may offer those winners entry into the finals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Tummelson
United States
Placitas
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
For anyone wanting to organizing a qualifying tournament for the US finals, please contact me at Riogames@aol.com. The US finals will be open only to those who qualify in a sanctioned (by RGG) qualifying tournament. The WM at Gencon will be open to players who qualified in their national tournaments. The exact time and date of the US finals has not been set, but will likely be in July.

Thanks

Jay
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Wilkins
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
My Sea Hag got Sea Hagged... might as well drink my own piss
mbmbmbmbmb
shilohc888 wrote:
Where do you go to register for a regional dominion tourny??? I know the World Championships are at GenCon this year. I am from Michigan- anything in the Detroit area??? Is there a way to host an official tourny???

Thanks

I am also from the Detroit area and am crossing my fingers that there will be a qualifying tournament locally. If not, I wonder if I could get a sanctioned qualifier held in my basement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shiloh Christie
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
Well, with the help of Jay and several others- it looks like I'll be running an official Qualifier for Dominion in June- I'll put out more news in March. Jay at RGames is really helpful. There will be some good times and nice prizes...more to come in March!!! :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.