Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Drew Gormley
United States
Northborough
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a lover of all things heavyweight strategy!
mbmbmbmbmb
If sauron only plays some of his drawn fortitude cards during a battle, does he just keep the rest? Neither the rulebook nor FAQ touches upon this

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmb
4. Resolution: After all rounds of combat have been resolved,
players perform the following steps:
a. Discard Cards: The hero places his combat stack (keeping
the cards in order) faceup on top of his rest pool. Sauron
takes his combat stack and shuffles it back into the
appropriate Monster Combat deck.

Is that what you mean?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Truesdell
United States
Uniontown
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, they go back into the deck after combat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I guess your point is because the rules actually just say the combat stack, and that wouldn't include cards remaining. But yeah, they all go back in. Sauron gets new cards for each fight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Gormley
United States
Northborough
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oriecat wrote:
I guess your point is because the rules actually just say the combat stack, and that wouldn't include cards remaining. But yeah, they all go back in. Sauron gets new cards for each fight.

That is my point. How can we just assume that the cards in hand are placed back as well? Just of of curiosity - want to make sure I'm playing it right

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Truesdell
United States
Uniontown
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting... I have always played it where all of the cards are returned but the rules state combat stack. Maybe those crows have some real value!

Returning them all just seems right but I have been wrong before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I guess I'm basing it on the Set up section then, where it just says Sauron takes the appropriate deck for the type of monster. There's no mention of the prior cards, and it would get pretty messy for him to have 3 stacks of unused cards hanging around for the different types.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Gormley
United States
Northborough
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, but I've always played that sauron gets to keep those cards. Just figured its because he's evil ha. But today the sauron player had literally all three stacks. So it just got out of hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Also, the cards you draw with one monster or minion should not affect the cards the next guy gets, just because they are the same type. It is not Sauron fighting, it is the monster/minion, so they should only have the number of cards indicated by their fortitude.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Gormley
United States
Northborough
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All makes perfect sense, and is unfortunately in relativ contradiction to the rules. I'm surprised this hasn't come up yet. But I'm sure that you're right in terms of the designers intentions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duke Drizzt
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
bchlax944 wrote:
If sauron only plays some of his drawn fortitude cards during a battle, does he just keep the rest? Neither the rulebook nor FAQ touches upon this

no he doesn't. oriecat touched upon it in the rules as it's pretty clear. No need to have a FAQ on this.

EDIT - oh i see what u mean now (i read the whole thing this time) I can see how the "combat stack" can be misleading but always thought it pertained to all the cards. This is interesting to me now cuz it could have a big affect on minions and the higher monsters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.