Marcel Cwertetschka
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Gloomhaven: Forgotten Circles!
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone has a intention to set up PBF Games for this great title? It should be easily doable with a jpg basic file of the map and overlays. And also reusable. I kinda like this game, and want to try it out ;P.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a similar thought, but I think it wouldn't be as good as the face to face game, because we'll know what to expect from the packets, and slightly because we know it's not actually permanent.

Do you intend to run a 15-20 game campaign?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I'd love to play along as well if you get something going. Although I haven't unlocked some aspects of my home version yet. Sounds fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Cwertetschka
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
first we need someone, at best someone of the "i reclycle my game people" who scans all his cards and stuff and the board so we could set up a vassal module.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the ASCII map with the bottom color scheme seems most efficient. Not sure how best to indicate who founded the Major City though. Maybe it's best to just have a key under the map of who names which continents founded which major cities.

I guess that key should include faction powers and such as well.

It's occurring to me now that we need a way of keeping scar cards secret.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Cwertetschka
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
moderation via pm and stuff would be kinda easy - and you can play them when territorities get attacked before any rolls happen. Still I think a scanned Version of the components would be way better than ascii or a paint version (althou I have to admit that the paint version abothe is quite well)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the scanned version would certainly look cooler. And admittedly I don't know much about how PBF is typically done. But it seems like the ASCII version is easy to cut and paste and make quick adjustments as needed without opening any image editing software.

Anyway, however it works out, I'm up for playing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Cwertetschka
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CapNClassic wrote:
You cannot scan things and post them on the geek without the copyright holders permission. I doubt Hasbro will allow it. As for the scars, can't you place a die roll result in a spoiler tag? On everyone's honor I guess.

you should check out vasall maybe - there games up with scans from runewars, descent and other stuff - as long as you dont spoil effect textes it should be fine

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory
mbmbmbmbmb
could you try reposting it with the spaces somehow?

EDIT: nevermind, it looks right now...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory
mbmbmbmbmb
That's pretty cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.