Popular Tags: [View All]
Miguel
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules state that it doesn't matter where a player's clan members are in order to claim food from a field. However, it doesn't specify wether it takes a clan member to activate it or not. For example, in the early game, a player has 2 clansmen on the board and 3 tools, all fields. Is he limited to generating food from 2 of the 3 fields, or can he get the food from all three?

I'm assuming it's 2 of the 3, but I just wanted to make sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Etherton
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules state:

Quote:
For the starting »herbs« card and the tool »field« card, the clan always harvests a secure amount of food, without needing to stand next to a certain hunting ground.

I don't think the size of the clan matters.

-Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Nearing Weathertop
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I assumed you could take food for all three fields. The clan members are placeholders that give you access to the non-fields stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henning Kröpke
Germany
Ascheberg
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You always get food from your fields, regardless of the number of clan members on the game board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Gardiner
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Each and every tool you own collects food. For non-fields, this also requires that you have at least one clansman standing next to the correct hunting ground.

So if you have three baskets and only one clan person, you collect berries three times as long as that person is standing next to bushes.

Since fields and herbs do not require a clansman, you can always collect from each and every field/herb each turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.