Hide
4 Posts

Guillotine» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can action cards be played on others' turns? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chuck Williams
msg tools
The folks who introduced me to Guillotine played with the assumption that certain cards, such as ones whose effect text starts with "Choose a player", can be played during another player's turn to catch them by surprise, rather than give them time to prepare a strategy by playing it on your own turn. Now that I have my own copy, I don't see anything to that effect in the rulebook. Should I just assume it to be a house rule?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
mbmbmbmbmb
Pennyforth wrote:
The folks who introduced me to Guillotine played with the assumption that certain cards, such as ones whose effect text starts with "Choose a player", can be played during another player's turn to catch them by surprise, rather than give them time to prepare a strategy by playing it on your own turn. Now that I have my own copy, I don't see anything to that effect in the rulebook. Should I just assume it to be a house rule?
It is certainly not an official rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Daly
United States
Arcadia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only card I am aware of that you can play during someone else's turn is "Confusion in Line". All other Action Cards have to be played on your turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.