Greg Udvari
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
When I go to my user collection page under My Geek, I can set the filter and columns settings, but I have not been able to make these settings stick. After a while, the settings are reverted and I have to apply them again. Is there a way to save these?
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-matt s.
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
/geeklist/240879
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a couple of ways to 'save' view settings.

First, once you change the settings you will notice a 'permalink' link at the top left of the view. Click this. Then, either bookmark that link or (more commonly) copy and paste it into your BGG quickbar (click Edit and add it to one of the slots)

I created my own 'Owned' view and then stuck it on my quickbar so I always have access to my collection with the settings I want.

Second, you can also 'save' customized views as new custom views for use later. When looking at the view, click on the 'Views >>' link in the upper left, then click the "Save Current View As..." link to save it and give it a name. It will now appear in the 'Views >>' listing with the name you gave it. Later, go into the Views section and click it to use it.

The first option is easier, but the second option if you have some views that you maybe use less infrequently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Do not shed tears over throws of the past, roll again!
badge
Click here for free games.
mbmbmb
It's a bit weird that you have to bookmark it rather than choose your default display. I find it a bit weird anyway when I click on 'my collection' and I get my wishlist included.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Udvari
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tasajara wrote:
There are a couple of ways to 'save' view settings.

First, once you change the settings you will notice a 'permalink' link at the top left of the view. Click this. Then, either bookmark that link or (more commonly) copy and paste it into your BGG quickbar (click Edit and add it to one of the slots)

I created my own 'Owned' view and then stuck it on my quickbar so I always have access to my collection with the settings I want.

Second, you can also 'save' customized views as new custom views for use later. When looking at the view, click on the 'Views >>' link in the upper left, then click the "Save Current View As..." link to save it and give it a name. It will now appear in the 'Views >>' listing with the name you gave it. Later, go into the Views section and click it to use it.

The first option is easier, but the second option if you have some views that you maybe use less infrequently.

Thanks for the help. I'll stick to the first option.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.