Subject: Just got the 1st Edition... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark L
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mb
So I managed to find a copy of the 1st Edition second-hand for cheap.

Looking at the differences between the 1st and 2nd Edition, it seems that I can mostly play with the 2nd Edition rules with my 1st Edition set, even without the Upgrade Kit. I plan to eventually get the Upgrade Kit because the 1st Edition cards are pretty small, but the upgrade kit costs almost as much as the 1st Edition I picked up and I probably won't get it immediately.

What I am concerned about is the knowledge that apparently, the 1st Edition rulebook as well as card text were subject to certain errata. I've had a look at the 1st Edition FAQ, but it's a massive document and I'm not sure which are the relevant changes.

Could someone summarise the errors in the 1st Edition I need to look out for as well as give me any tips on how to streamline the 1st Edition with the currently accepted rules and changes of the Collectors' Edition and now the 2nd Edition? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would just download the full 2nd Edition rulebook from Veldrin's page and not bother trying to apply faq changes, etc... Much easier.

You should be able to play the 2nd edition rules 100% as far as I know. Might be a couple of cards with a slight change but that's it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evgeny Reznikov
Israel
Haifa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Play with the second edition rules + changes to the Character cards.

Some of the event/combat card effects have also been changed (minor changes on most of those) - until you've played at least 2-3 games, I'd say not to bother with these, as there's enough to remember without it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.