Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mihail Lungarov
Bulgaria
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi,

Last night we played a six player game and we faced the following situation:

Lanister and Baratheon players were in alliance. The Baratheon player wanted to move to a space containing Lanister troops without initiating a battle. Is it possible to do so and what happens in the next turn when everybody have to place new orders? Does the Baratheon and Lanister players place their orders in the same space?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K.
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't beleive it is possible to share a space without a combat. No matter what the alliance is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radosław Michalak
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
Gaming is for having fun. Fun requires clear rules.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no real alliances in this game.
The only determinant of alliance is what you do (you support, don't attack your ally, attack enemies of your ally, etc.). But as rules says:
Quote:
Enemy/Opponent: Describes any game component or area controlled by another player, or describes the rival player himself.

and from Cercei:
Quote:
everyone but us is the enemy

So you have only enemies. Just sometimes you are not killing each other at the moment.

EDIT: this is the move to show your "ally" that he was fool to trust you devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mihail Lungarov
Bulgaria
flag msg tools
mbmb
This is ridiculous, the whole point of alliances is lost if I am unable to move trough forces of the player which I am in alliance with.

Thanks anyways guys, I appreciate the help.

Radziol wrote:

EDIT: that was my point, I allow my "ally" to passthrough and then I stab him in the back when hе least expect it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radosław Michalak
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As I said, there is no alliances. There is only cease-fire. Try to imagine that Russian army is crossing into Bulgaria just "to march further". Will you believe them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Laine
United States
Whittier
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Medunek wrote:
This is ridiculous, the whole point of alliances is lost if I am unable to move trough forces of the player which I am in alliance with.

Thanks anyways guys, I appreciate the help.

Radziol wrote:

EDIT: that was my point, I allow my "ally" to passthrough and then I stab him in the back when hе least expect it.

I don't see it as ridiculous. Alliances are basically non-aggression pacts, or pledges of support. You wouldn't go letting the enemy run rampant in your lands. They'll just stab you in the back if you don't first. And if they could enter your lands, what would that mean? Some sort of "joint rule?" When mustering comes up, you get to divvy out muster points? When the power Westeros card comes up, you get to decide who gets the power point? It just sounds cumbersome.

Only one winner makes alliances temporary, non-binding, and shaky at best. If you really want to let them pass, vacate a territory and let them by. Oh, you don't want to give up that castle? Guess they'll have to find another way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Klempa
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is similar to (and just as consistant as) the rules for Sea Transport:

Quote:
However, a player may never use ships of another House as transports, even if given permission by that House.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mihail Lungarov
Bulgaria
flag msg tools
mbmb
Radziol wrote:
As I said, there is no alliances. There is only cease-fire. Try to imagine that Russian army is crossing into Bulgaria just "to march further". Will you believe them?

Depends, if Russian army contains 20 000 units and Bulgarian is 2000 units, i'll lose the battle anyway. In this case, i choose to belive them instead of participate in already lost battle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Banks
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Dave Klempa wrote:

Quote:
However, a player may never use ships of another House as transports, even if given permission by that House.

I've been interested for a while if a house rule could be implemented to allow ship transport through opponents ships? It would need to be high-risk to put people off from doing it often, but it would add a whole new dimension to alliances and naval superiority.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radosław Michalak
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Medunek wrote:
Radziol wrote:

Depends, if Russian army contains 20 000 units and Bulgarian is 2000 units, i'll lose the battle anyway. In this case, i choose to belive them instead of participate in already lost battle.

It is only comparison It isn't the modern world. In past centuries there were nothing like friendly military base. If someone entered your land you fought or surrendered

Alexthebanks wrote:
Dave Klempa wrote:

Quote:

I've been interested for a while if a house rule could be implemented to allow ship transport through opponents ships? It would need to be high-risk to put people off from doing it often, but it would add a whole new dimension to alliances and naval superiority.

Ship transport is already powerful (more powerful than in reality - it's too fast). For me this variant is absolutely overpowered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nacho Facello
Uruguay
Montevideo
Montevideo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Radziol wrote:
Alexthebanks wrote:
Dave Klempa wrote:

Quote:

Ship transport is already powerful (more powerful than in reality - it's too fast). For me this variant is absolutely overpowered.

This is probably completely broken, but it might be fun: the active player executes his move order, declaring that he uses transport. He might use whatever transport he wants, either own ships or other people's ships. The owner of the ships decides where to place the troops.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radosław Michalak
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nachof wrote:
Radziol wrote:
Alexthebanks wrote:
Dave Klempa wrote:

Quote:

This is probably completely broken, but it might be fun: the active player executes his move order, declaring that he uses transport. He might use whatever transport he wants, either own ships or other people's ships. The owner of the ships decides where to place the troops.

gulp
shake
wow
This is not "probably" broken. It is completely broken! GoT is not a game where crazy rules gives fun.
yuk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hammond
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Radziol wrote:
nachof wrote:
Radziol wrote:
Alexthebanks wrote:
Dave Klempa wrote:

Quote:

:what:
:gulp:
:shake:
:wow:
This is not "probably" broken. It is completely broken! GoT is not a game where crazy rules gives fun.
:yuk:

If you let my army board your ships, my new ships are going to take me wherever I please.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BobbySoFamous .
msg tools
mbmbmb
Medunek wrote:

Alliances aren't really real, because you can't both win the game. There is only one winner. You either win or you die.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Carlsson
Sweden
Vikingstad
flag msg tools
uptimegames.com
badge
uptimegames.com
mbmbmb
Alexthebanks wrote:

My opinion on this is that it will break one of the main cornerstones of the game. As I see it GoT is a deterministic game. Everyone is allowed to know everything (except from hidden pacts and actual biddings of power or cards). If you would allow the transport of other peoples troops there would be hidden information that you can't know of. So you don't stand a chance against a all around the map invasion.

If you want to allow ship transport on allied ships I suggest that you add a formal alliance concept. So to be able to use another persons ships you would have to form an alliance telling every one else that we share ships. And this should of course be done before the order phase so you at least can consider the options.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.