Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Copac
United States
Hudson
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First off, I apologize if there's an established resource for any of my questions. Feel free to direct me to any you may know of.

I've never gone to a convention before. I'm considering attending Origins this year. I'm probably going to get the Early Bird full conference badge. I don't really know what to expect, so I'm not sure if I should also purchase the Board Room ribbon, or any of those $2 tokens or not. Do you have any recommendations for a newbie who's a primarily ameritrash gamer, who's enjoyed a handful of euro's in his limited time in the hobby?

For those getting hotel rooms, when do you usually check in? Day before the listed first day of the show, or day of? I'm not really clear on when things kickoff on day 1.

Again, sorry for newbie questions, and what not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I recommend the boardroom ribbon. It's money well spent. In the past we get to Columbus on Wednesday afternoon. There are game events on Wednesday and the boardroom will be open. There is a movie theatre within walking distance and we some times take in a movie Wednesday evening. Things get busier on Thursday and that is the first day the exhibit hall opens.

With the date change this year my group is going to GenCon instead. I may show up for a day or two with the family.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Copac
United States
Hudson
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the input, Todd! I was considering GenCon too, but living in Northeast Ohio, the drive to Columbus isn't quite as bad as the drive to Indy. And I'm not sure I can afford approx. two weeks of hotel stays this year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Chunko
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
I think you'll want a board room ribbon. But clearly you should "test" it by driving down for a CABS meeting. All the same library goodness, and the first meeting is free.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Copac
United States
Hudson
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bit the bullet and got the board room ribbon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.