David Oldster
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I sleeved all my cards last night after cracking open the box, and then stopped.

At a minimum, I gather the smart thing to do would be to get one set times four for each mage knight consisting of
- basic action cards
- miniature
- hero card

I'm new to games with fragile plastic components, and lots of components, and I want to be able to carry this game around to different locations to play. My main concern is keeping the miniatures of the heroes intact, but I was hoping people could share how they pack all this up, which inserts (if any) they are keeping, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Day
United Kingdom
Lee
LONDON
flag msg tools
Oi!
badge
That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep everything.

Put the starting hands, character cards and associated chits for each character in a seperate bag each.

Store under the mini insert.

All other cards in the insert area. This fits with thinner sleeves, thicker sleeves you'll probably have to ditch everything in bags.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tuomo Syvänperä
Finland
Nahkela
Other (Non U.S.)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also sleeved all my cards right away when I got the game. I love the finish on those cards, but unfortunately they seemed the kind of cards that will go bad really quickly if left unsleeved. The only insert I took out was the one with all the site chits etc. Those I stored in baggies and tucked away under the insert for the miniatures. The sleeved cards fit quite nicely in the leftover space. I too was a bit worried about the miniatures and that's why I wanted to keep the insert for them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of All Simians — Not a Mere Diplomat
United States
Wilmington
Select State
flag msg tools
designer
I love you.
badge
I love you.
mb
I kept the part of the insert that the minis are stored in and pitched the rest. I sleeved all the cards and made tuckboxes for them, then put all of the cardboard and mana into a Plano 3500 box. I used a couple of pieces of foam to hold things nicely and plastibanded the terrain tiles. The result:

Nice and neat, and perfect for travel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartow Riggs
United States
Antelope
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Baggies for the pieces velcro cable ties for the cards.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-media/product-gallery/B001...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him. 2 Sam 14:14
mbmbmbmbmb
I removed the insert for the chits, and store the cards sideways in the square slot. I keep 3 of the character cards and tokens under the minis and the rest go in the space where the chits were. My cards are sleeved in thick FFG sleeves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Esmanech
Italy
Milano
Milano
flag msg tools
designer
Dystopian:the manhunt: a worker placement game of investigation, murder and mystery, set in the futuristic megapolis of DYSTOPIA
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I threw away the insert (mine was all torn apart in a few places anyway) then, using plasticard, I created a rack for all the different decks.
The tokens, minis etc are kept on a plano box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Avon
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I threw out all but the largest insert. I bagged player cards, skills and command/level tokens for each character and put the rest of the cards in the insert.

This container has enough space for a city or hero figure and chits in each large space: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Stack-On-10-Compartment-Storage-Bo... I use the back two rows to store enemy chits and the front row to store shields. I put the artifact chits into one of the front corner spots on top of the shields and it all fits fine.

It's still a tight fit once everything is in, but I feel better knowing the miniatures aren't squashed in odd positions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Beakley
United States
Tempe
AZ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tossed everything, bagged each character set (mini, cards, chits), city set (cities and city cards), enemies chits, and each deck into its own bag. Clean, tidy, works great. Can't see any upside, at all, to the insert. Perhaps a couple expansions in the future when it's actually a tight fit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaiwen Zhang
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Welcome to Zombo.com!
badge
Art of life
mbmbmbmbmb
i took out all the inserts because i sleeved everything

bag every hero's stuff individually

buy a tackle box for the monster tokens + crystals + dice
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
Cards are fine, don't need sleeves
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him. 2 Sam 14:14
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr Skeletor wrote:
Cards are fine

If by "fine" you mean crappy then yea, they are "fine".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Foomer McCloud
United States
Albany
NEW YORK
flag msg tools
I threw away all the inserts and made tuck boxes for the sleeved cards (used Strange Eons, FFG sleeves are too big for the lidless tuck boxes in the files section.) I also used a Plano 3600 for all the bits and figures. My only concern is with the map tiles moving around the box---but then again, I don't see this game traveling all that often.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Forrey
United States
Dallastown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
out4blood wrote:
Mr Skeletor wrote:
Cards are fine

They are at least better quality than most cards these days. I still sleeved mine though because they tend to stick together due to being linen quality qnd rough all over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Rubbo
United States
Philadelphia
PA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Each Hero with their own container, plus a tray for the enemies, and a stackable dilly for the crystals. Shields and Turn marker in a smaller container within each Hero container.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Oldster
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the ideas! I'm getting back into boardgaming after a long time being away from it, and I had no idea there were so many cool ways to store components.

I got some organizers from Canadian Tire (big hardware/kitchen/automotive/sporting goods chain store in Canada) tonight, but will be looking for the other stuff mentioned here to get my tiles and cards organized.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Babcock
Canada
flag msg tools
out4blood wrote:
Mr Skeletor wrote:
Cards are fine

After admiring the cards that came with Lords of Waterdeep, I was quite disappointed with the card stock on these myself. Sleeved after the second game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.