Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Speelman
United States
Wolverine Lake
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to buy some wooden cones like the ones used to mark dominance. Anyone know where I can buy some "a la carte"?

Oh! Preferably in the USA also.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lutz
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Boards and Bits has all types of cubes:

http://www.boardsandbits.com/index.php?cPath=1051&sort=2a&pa...

BOb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Speelman
United States
Wolverine Lake
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pilotbob wrote:

BOb

Appreciate the link Bob. I was looking for cones though. Boards and Bits didn't have any either
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lutz
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Joshua the Gamer wrote:
pilotbob wrote:

BOb

Appreciate the link Bob. I was looking for cones though. Boards and Bits didn't have any either

Sorry, you said cones and I read cubes.

BOb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lutz
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This place has them.. not in the US though.

http://www.spielmaterial.de/english5/

Go to Pawns and Other Figures -> Other

They call the "Traders".

BOb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Speelman
United States
Wolverine Lake
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pilotbob wrote:
This place has them.. not in the US though.

http://www.spielmaterial.de/english5/

Go to Pawns and Other Figures -> Other

They call the "Traders".

BOb

Thanks. May have to do that then. Really didn't want to pay for international shipping for some minor game pimping but I guess I may have to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Speelman
United States
Wolverine Lake
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah Spielmaterial wont be an option. Would cost me about $40 just to ship a handful of wooden pieces. I'll just have to keep hoping I find a USA seller. Been looking but no luck so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lutz
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Joshua the Gamer wrote:
Yeah Spielmaterial wont be an option. Would cost me about $40 just to ship a handful of wooden pieces. I'll just have to keep hoping I find a USA seller. Been looking but no luck so far.

Wow, I guess you are going to order a lot. They charge €7 which is about $9 for up to 2.2 lbs (1kg). Not cheap sure.

What are you planning to do? Perhaps you can use some other bit... like pawns which B&B does sell.

BOb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Speelman
United States
Wolverine Lake
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pilotbob wrote:
Joshua the Gamer wrote:

Wow, I guess you are going to order a lot. They charge €7 which is about $9 for up to 2.2 lbs (1kg). Not cheap sure.

What are you planning to do? Perhaps you can use some other bit... like pawns which B&B does sell.

BOb

Maybe I looked at it wrong then. They way I read it was that parcels up to 5kg cost 35 Euro's then it says +17 (air mail). Wasn't sure if the +17 was optional or not.

The only thing I saw for $6 was "letters" but that said only up to 500 grams.

I just want 10 yellow and 10 black cones. Min order had to be 5 Euros but I added a pack of glass tokens (can always use those) but the glass tokens only weigh 350 grams.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lutz
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ouch.. you're right. I was reading the EU prices.

BOb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Speelman
United States
Wolverine Lake
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pilotbob wrote:
Ouch.. you're right. I was reading the EU prices.

BOb

Yeah. Looking like I might have to settle for something else. Cubes wont work cause the game I'm adding the pieces to already uses cubes. I'm not a fan of pawns. I'll just have to look around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Maylott
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are no wooden cones, but I can see plastic pawns here. Print & Play Productions - Parts

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out casey's wood. (that's what she said!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
http://www.boardgameextras.co.uk/index.php?sub_category=Wood...

Seems fairly cheap for overseas. Also 'letters' can be small parcels sometimes, it depends on the thickness and width.

The whole lot including postage comes to £7.50 which is about $12.

EDIT: I have bought several items from them and they are a reliable and efficient source.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Speelman
United States
Wolverine Lake
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Halfinger wrote:

Seems fairly cheap for overseas. Also 'letters' can be small parcels sometimes, it depends on the thickness and width.

EDIT: I have bought several items from them and they are a reliable and efficient source.

I've tried several times so far to get the page to load and I just keep getting a "browser cannot load this page" error.

EDIT: So I eventually got the site to load and have my cones on the way. 10 black and 10 yellow for $12 including shipping. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
sthrjo wrote:
In my opinion the cones are no good as game pieces:thumbsdown:: They are too easy to drop out of your finger grip! I have altered mine by grinding with a small Dremel drill around the tip, and added a traditional bulb of FIMO coloured clay with a very good result. Now they look and feel like traditional gaming pawns.

You mean...your pawns actually evolved? That's what I call realism.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Speelman
United States
Wolverine Lake
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Halfinger wrote:

I placed an order with them early tue morning but I have not received any kind of follow up email from them about my order. My Paypal was charged, however. I sent an email yesterday asking them what the status of my order was but no reply to that yet. How long do they usually take to update you about an order?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Over 50 Gamer
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Oliver......one cool cat
badge
MEOW!
mbmbmbmbmb
10 yellow and 10 black cones? Are you using them to mark castles in Sekighara? Great idea. Keep us informed as to how the order goes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Speelman
United States
Wolverine Lake
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Petdoc wrote:
10 yellow and 10 black cones? Are you using them to mark castles in Sekighara? Great idea. Keep us informed as to how the order goes.

That was exactly what I was doing. Saw it in one of the Sekigahara pictures. If the order goes okay it would only cost me $9 and most of that is shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Joshua the Gamer wrote:
Halfinger wrote:

I placed an order with them early tue morning but I have not received any kind of follow up email from them about my order. My Paypal was charged, however. I sent an email yesterday asking them what the status of my order was but no reply to that yet. How long do they usually take to update you about an order?

I don't remember and there is no holiday in the UK. They may just have sent stuff without confirmation. In the UK things usually arrive next day so if I did not get a confirmation by the time it concerned me I'd have had the items. All I know is I've not had a problem with them in the past. Hopefully you will be OK.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Speelman
United States
Wolverine Lake
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Halfinger wrote:
Joshua the Gamer wrote:
Halfinger wrote:

I don't remember and there is no holiday in the UK. They may just have sent stuff without confirmation. In the UK things usually arrive next day so if I did not get a confirmation by the time it concerned me I'd have had the items. All I know is I've not had a problem with them in the past. Hopefully you will be OK.

I emailed and got a reply a couple days later. My order is on its way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Pfennighaus
United States
Croton-On-Hudson
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Cover your heart!
mbmbmbmbmb
How did it go?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Speelman
United States
Wolverine Lake
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mxpf wrote:
How did it go?

My order got lost in the mail. When it had been three week since it shipped I emailed them again and they resent my items. Received the second shipment less than a week later. Couldn't be happier with my product either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.