JonnyRotten
United States
Montpelier
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings fellow geeks! It's Monday! The weekend is now over, and as we toil at our assorted labors, we should recount our past weekend gaming exploits.

So, all you weekend gamers, bring your mini-session reports and stories of weekend gaming greatness, as you pop in here to answer the question:
What did you play this weekend?

The Geeklist version can be found here:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/114847/what-did-you-pl...

Check out the subscription thread:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/4115320 Subscribe so you don't miss a single moment of the fun!

This weekend was the 2nd anniversary of our monthly game day! It has been two awesome years of friends and family sharing our hobby with us. Great food and great times were had by all. We raffled off a GenCon badge as well, to help pay for costs of heating, and restocking the building we use. I feel like I may have missed recording a game or two somewhere though.

2012-01-21
Cosmic Encounter x 2
Stone Age
Glen More
Eminent Domain
Eclipse

2012-01-22 - Sunday was clean up and chilling. I did convince my wife to play Railways of the World again, and we played on the Mexico map with Jason. We them had an aborted game of Black Friday. I think we screwed something up somewhere, as we were at about hour 3 when we gave up, and the end was not in sight. We were about halfway up the silver price chart. We were moving it up whenever black bags came out, and moving the bottom track when people bought silver. I think the scores were Jamie and I with 1 gold and 1 silver bars, and Jason with 1 gold and two silver bars.
Black Friday
Railways of the World
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Tullsen
United States
Tigard
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet.
badge
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
mbmbmbmbmb
Clash of cultures x4 ad thats it!
Didn't have to much time...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shayne Gray
United States
Akron
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Had a good weekend.

Started out friday with a game of
Belfort

Saturday played
7 Wonders
The Resistance x 7
Zombie Dice

The on Sunday the wife crushed me in
Railways of the World
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Nelson
United States
chattanooga
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played our first game of Agricola, and (kinda to my surprise) we loved it! We played two more games Saturday, and I am looking forward to playing again with the full rules (only family game plays so far)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stijn
Belgium
Antwerpen
Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played:

Munchkin Bites
Naval Battles
Game of Thrones: the Card Game
Triominoes

And I got a bunch of new games because it's my birthday

GoT Card Game
Chez Geek (House Party Ed)
Munchkin Fu + Zombies

GoT is the only one we played so far though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartow Riggs
United States
Antelope
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
x2

x3
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Thomas
United States
North Kansas City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vinhos

A lot to figure out, but very interesting 2p round with my wife.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maurice van Valen
Netherlands
Breda
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Friday:
Legend of Drizzt
http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/91872/dungeons-dragons-th...

Saturday:
Rattus x 2
http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/42452/rattus

Koehandel Master
http://cf.geekdo-images.com/images/pic561482_md.jpg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Kunes
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Friday - Gears of War (1x)

I had high hopes of playing a game with the family only to come home to a sick wife and both kids with plans of their own. After tending to the needful, I ended up settling down to a solo game of GoW playing two characters and the China Shop scenario for the first time. I had fun with this, but bled out near the end of Stage 1... Beserker got the best of us.

Sunday - Agricola (1x)

My oldest daughter has wanted to play Agricola again since playing for the first time last week. After a crazy busy weekend, homework, and practicing she asked to play Sunday evening. My youngest was not crazy about playing a new game, but slowly warmed up to it and ultimately won her first game! She has a knack for winning a game the first time she plays, but not much afterwards. We played a 4p Family game. We haven't introduced the kids to the Occupation or Minor Improvement cards yet.

meeple Keep playing...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rasmus Højslet
Denmark
Aarhus C
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Friday
Played a 2 player game of Carcassonne with my roommate

Saturday
I had 5 friends over to try out Arkham Horror for this first time... It ended out in us winning the first game, closing all gates on the map. Think that game was just about 4 hours long. After than we tried out a harder boss, which we lost within an hour or two.
Then I started to get late, and one of my friends left, which resolved in two 5 player games ofCarcassonne - Which was epic, first time I played that many.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Herrera
United States
Highland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A good game of Lancaster and Eclipse
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gaming Weekend!!

Airlines Europe x2
7 Wonders
Carson City
Survive
Alien Frontiers
MERCS(miniature game)
Warmachine (minature game) x2

Looking forward to the next one in a couple months.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rob cavallo
United States
roseland
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Friday
Dominion

Saturday
Dungeons & Dragons: The Legend of Drizzt Board Game

Sunday
Elder Sign
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabrizio Federiconi
Italy
Modena
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played Super Farmer on Saturday with 5 other friends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Tadyshak
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
Lets see, I was at the monthly Dallas Games Marathon this weekend.

Ora et Labora
Glory to Rome
Navagador
Hansa Teutonica
Core Worlds
Twilight Struggle
Le Havre
Mage Knight 2x

Still need to play more games...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Staurday
Yggdrasil
Blood Bowl: Team Manager – The Card Game

Sunday
A game of Lords of Scotland during the small break between the NFL games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Age of Empires III with the Builder Expansion
Kingsburg
Paris Connection
Kingdom Builder
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wyant
United States
Spindale
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Friday: 3 games of Dust Tactics.
Saturday: 3 games of Dust Tactics.
Sunday: 1 big game of Dust Tactics and 1 game of Settlers of Catan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ora et Labora; first time play (Ireland); another great Rosenberg. Can't wait to play that again!

Dragon Rampage; fantasy dice roller - great fun, good filler, and a mediocre rulebook ...

Funkenschlag on the Russia map 4 players and one robot. The robot started with the double amount of money and kept us on our toes. Although in the end, he finished last meeple

Kingsburg with the expansion ended our session on Saturday. Always a great game!

On Sunday my wife and I tortured our brains with 200 Trivial Pursuit questions from various sets (without the stupid board - just the questions) ... we managed to know 120 from these in a joined venture. The "1980s America Set" still gives me a headache meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Hickle
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Played my first ever game of Lord of the Rings on Sunday. We lost horribly when Sauron caught the Ringbearer (me) in Shelob's Lair.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patar Absurdus the Shananigator
United States
Carrollton
TX
flag msg tools
"what you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response, were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought.
badge
Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."
mbmbmbmbmb
Great Weekend!

Start Trek Fleet Captains (1st time but hopefully not the last. This game was great, there was a lot of downtime in the 4 player game but we found out toward the end that some rules errors may have been responsible for that. You make meaningful decisions and fun things are happening all the time. Luck did not feel like an overwhelming determining factor. It was a quite enjoyable first go at a game.)
Pitch Car x3 (great but will probably never pay the $70 price tag)
Horse Fever (1st time with >2 players-fun and better with 3+ players
Fallen Lands (1st time-Surprisingly awesome and elegant!)
Nuns on the run (2nd time playing and I am not impressed-I will probably avoid this in the future)
Mage knight (1st time-A bit disappointing compared to my outrageous expectations. There was a ton of downtime and the game seemed to depend a lot on the luck of what cards you draw. This is particularly true since every single thing you may want to try to accomplish is so difficult and expensive, IMO. I still want to try it again though)
Bears! x5 (Not bad, I was hoping for more but as players got better it got more appealing)

I also bought and put together the IKEA Cube storage system and it looks awesome (my games are no longer scattered all over the house but are boldly decorating my dining room-as they should be!)!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt M

Phoenix
Arizona
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Friday:
Hive (3 games)
Gyges (2 games)

Saturday:
Confrontation, The Age of the Rag'narok! (2 games) [We spent most of the time reading and re-reading the rules]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Cunningham
United States
Lake Geneva
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb

I went to the Midwinter Gaming Convention (http://www.midwintergamingconvention.com) in Milwaukee, WI on Saturday.

Taught/played our upcoming first release, Seven Sisters twice, and also played 7 Wonders, Lost Cities: The Board Game, Rune Age.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Wilkinson
United States
New Castle
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
When asking "What would Jesus do?", remember that flipping over tables and using a whip are within the realm of possibilities.
mbmbmbmbmb
I played my first game of 10 Days in the USA.

That was my one and only play this weekend.soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
for the first time in a long time... nothing cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.