Popular Tags: [View All]
Barry Doyle
United States
Lynchburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This is just an off-the-cuff personal opinion, but I'd rather see boxes of 4 or 8 planes, instead of individual plane packs. I'd much rather pay $50-$70 for a boxed set of planes, instead of chasing them down individually.

That way distributors and retailers -- and possibly the publisher -- wouldn't get stuck with the unpopular planes, and fans of the game wouldn't have to worry as much about not getting the more popular planes/pilots.

Have you or Ares considered this, Andrea?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, you'll be able to buy a "one of each" 4 pack for the first four in the new release.

As for the rest, your plan might or might not benefit the publisher.
Many people would be reluctant to buy an "8 pack' of planes if it contained a lot that they did not want.

Picking what you want has been very popular-- yes, things like Von Richthofen's Triplane have gone quickly with every release (I know it was printed/released at least 3 different times). Possibly you might have found it more readily available if the only way to get it was to buy 7 other planes that you may or may not have wanted, but I suspect the 'readily available" part would happen because the sales were much, much lower.

With the upcoming release as an example, I may very well want "all 3" of the P-40s, but if I had to buy all three of the other three models to achieve this, I'd pass entirely.

Or check ebay, where folks would buy the bunches and split them up to sell like people wanted to buy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.