Michael
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I just got this email from them. We'll have to wait a bit longer to get our replacement boards. Nevertheless, it's glad to see FFG taking care of their customers like this.

Greetings,

We would like to inform you that we've received your request for a replacement board for the A Game of Thrones Board Game 2nd Edition.

Fantasy Flight Games wants you to have the best materials possible when you purchase our games, and we sincerely apologize that your copy of A Game of Thrones Board Game 2nd Edition is experiencing any issues, therefore we will gladly send you a new game board at no cost to you.

We have ordered a new batch of replacement boards. We had originally hoped these would arrive in January but due to the methodical steps of making sure all issues are addressed and due to delays in shipping for Chinese New Year, this shipment is expected to arrive around mid-February (approximately February 13th). At this time, we will begin shipping the requested replacement boards. We will follow-up with an email when we begin sending the boards out.

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns and thanks for your patience and understanding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Laine
United States
Whittier
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got the same email. Glad to hear from them, even if it is to let us know about a delay--at least now I feel back in the loop.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Combs
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmb
Nice to hear from FFG. Great support.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience"
mbmbmbmbmb
When did you both email them? I sent an email to FF's customer service last Monday and have not heard from them since.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Laine
United States
Whittier
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I emailed them in early December. My first response from them came on December 9th. Today is the first time I've heard anything since then, so it's been about a month and a half of silence. As I said, I'm just happy to be back in the loop. I was starting to feel forgotten. Their original notice clearly specified I would hear something in early January, and now I finally hear back from them--January 23rd. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh okay... well hopefully I will hear from them in the next few days. Otherwise I will try them again this week.

Either way thank you for bringing this up guys! BBG always is a great resource to keep up with these sort of things.

EDIT: Did you two use customerservice [at] fantasyflightgames DOT com, when you emailed your requests for assistance?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SW_Cygnus wrote:
Oh okay... well hopefully I will hear from them in the next few days. Otherwise I will try them again this week.

Either way thank you for bringing this up guys! BBG always is a great resource to keep up with these sort of things.

EDIT: Did you two use customerservice [at] fantasyflightgames DOT com, when you emailed your requests for assistance?

I first emailed them on Dec. 8 using customerservice@fantasyflightgames.com. I got a reply the same day, Dec. 8, asking me for my shipping address, as well as apologizing for the defective board. I replied to that the same day. I got a "thank you" email on Dec. 9.

The next response was today, Jan. 23, saying that the boards were delayed, and that the expected delivery would be in mid-February.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren
Canada
flag msg tools
My board seems a little warped but not horribly bad. Obviously it should be completely flush, but I'm wondering how bad yours are to request a replacement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Laine
United States
Whittier
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also sent mine to customerservice@fantasyflightgames.com. All I got was a form letter, but then again I included my shipping address in the email--I guess they decided they had all the information they needed from me and didn't need to send anything besides the form letter.

WarrenC12 wrote:
My board seems a little warped but not horribly bad. Obviously it should be completely flush, but I'm wondering how bad yours are to request a replacement.

It's pretty bad, but still playable. Half of the board (the southern half if I remember correctly--we played a couple of weeks ago) sticks up probably between 1/4 and 1/2 inch. If you try to press it flat, the north end sticks up instead. When I brought it out for my game group, everybody commented how horrible it looked, but when we started playing we got in the groove of the game and it stopped bothering people. Fortunately, it's not so bad as to cause any cardboard chits to slide or any units to rout themselves by falling over. But it still very clearly needs replacing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ziggi W
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know if they need the proof of purchase number too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would assume so. It is really the only way to prove you actually have the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L. Laszlo
Hungary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I got that e-mail as well. However i got another problem too, which i mentioned in my mail. They only sent replay for the board problem. Since then i sent another 3 mails about my other problem and they always send some auto-mail about my board :S

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SpudTrooper wrote:
Please say this doesn't effect every copy. I haven't even opened mine. Off to check now cry

Update: for the love of god mine is warped on the bottom of the board. I already had an issue with Through the Desert and they sent the wrong parts. I have replacement parts for Forbidden Alchemy and now this.

Michael if you get a chance check out this thread:

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/732756/warped-board-drastic-...

It looks like this is, hopefully, only an issue with the 2nd edition's first print run. Since I have not heard from FF yet regarding my first inquiry, I have gone ahead and emailed them again. I figure a week is long enough to wait. Hopefully I will hear back from them soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amin
Canada
flag msg tools
http://podcastoficeandfire.com/
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the same (bolded) email today. It is good news - The replacement will come in eventually and my currently warped board is still playable when weighted down with something, if annoying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sabzevarian wrote:
I got the same (bolded) email today. It is good news - The replacement will come in eventually and my currently warped board is still playable when weighted down with something, if annoying.

I got the same email last night, thankfully. Hopefully we will have our new boards sometime in February.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FFG are simply the best.

Just do not abuse their fantastic customer service. You may even ask for spare parts if you lose some and they may send it to you if you put it nicely and honestly.

I just hope people wont abuse, and that FFG will last long!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean D.
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I think pouting nicely will help:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ahah! My bad!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.