Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
除名山 蔵芽戸
Japan
Sendai
Miyagi
flag msg tools
badge
I get to teach my first undergrad class as a grad student this semester! It's Curriculum & Instruction 370: Integrating Technology into Education. I'm kind of excited...and really nervous!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ookami Snow
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats! Teaching undergrad classes was one of the most fun things I have done.

What do you talk about in the class? I hear there is a newfangled computer that has textbooks on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Plainwell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Mi cabasa esta muy verde
badge
Et in Vantasia ego
mbmbmbmbmb
Try not to throw up on anyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
除名山 蔵芽戸
Japan
Sendai
Miyagi
flag msg tools
badge
We teach tools that future teachers may need or use in their classrooms to create materials, projects, or to just instruct. We teach everything from how to make podcasts, videos, digital imagery, google earth tours, to how to use smart boards, ipads/pods, google docs and so on...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ookami Snow
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KSensei wrote:
We teach tools that future teachers may need or use in their classrooms to create materials, projects, or to just instruct. We teach everything from how to make podcasts, videos, digital imagery, google earth tours, to how to use smart boards, ipads/pods, google docs and so on...

Sounds like a fun class to take! Just to keep you up with rural Kansas news, along with the new high school here all the kids will be getting iPads for school use... so technology is becoming almost inseparable from education.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
除名山 蔵芽戸
Japan
Sendai
Miyagi
flag msg tools
badge
kinross_19 wrote:
KSensei wrote:

Sounds like a fun class to take! Just to keep you up with rural Kansas news, along with the new high school here all the kids will be getting iPads for school use... so technology is becoming almost inseparable from education.

Plus there was Apple's whole announcement about textbooks last week, but we already discussed that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
除名山 蔵芽戸
Japan
Sendai
Miyagi
flag msg tools
badge
How cool is it that I have student whose last name is Moriarty!?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KSensei wrote:

Depends... Did he refer to you as Holmes?

How'd your first class go?!?!?!?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
除名山 蔵芽戸
Japan
Sendai
Miyagi
flag msg tools
badge
Wasn't bad. As always I have a few students that don't feel there is a need for technology in education.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Rozmiarek
United States
Liberty Hill
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeffwiles wrote:
KSensei wrote:

Depends... Did he refer to you as Holmes?

I assume he is not a professor yet since he's taking an undergrad class.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
除名山 蔵芽戸
Japan
Sendai
Miyagi
flag msg tools
badge
Correct. It took all my willpower to not ask him if he watches the BBC's Sherlock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

How many students do you have? How long is the class period? Is it all application, or is there some theory/lecture in there, too? Will they do a project at the end, or several smaller projects throughout?

I need more information, man!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
除名山 蔵芽戸
Japan
Sendai
Miyagi
flag msg tools
badge
25 I think. Class is T/Th, 90 minutes. Mostly application, we look at the Montana State Technology standards and discuss them some, watch other TED talks and read some articles--online--that are pertinent to technology in education. There are several projects throughout the semester such as making posters/power docs with regular word processors, using google docs in all its entirety (and collaboratively), using google earth to make google earth tours (which are then captured into video and shared on their blog), oh yeah, all assignments are posted on a blog they make for the class, use of box.net is encouraged to store the stuff and using its imbed code... They will make and manipulate digital images, make podcasts, make videos, learn to use the smart boars... I dont remember what all else off the top of my head.

The final is that they have to "technofy" a traditional lesson plan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean
Australia
In hiding
flag msg tools
badge
In blackest night, in shining day, My Will is all - I'll have my way! With Emerald Light in focused ray, This Duck will rule! (If that's okay?)
mbmbmbmbmb
KSensei wrote:

Does Moriarty himself know why it is cool? Imagine the tragedy of having such a cool name and being insensible of it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KSensei wrote:
learn to use the smart boars

The genetic engineering of smart boars will spell the end of humanity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
除名山 蔵芽戸
Japan
Sendai
Miyagi
flag msg tools
badge
Boards!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.