Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Morgan
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So lately I've been watching a lot of dogfight and other assorted air combat docs and was thinking I'd love to have a game that covered air combat on a larger scale than the 3 to 4 planes that my games cover.

Is there a good game out there that does this?

It could be any period and any type of game as long as it allows for a larger scale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Whyman
United States
Danvers
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
from Game Crafter
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Richthofen's War says it handles up to 6 players, so I presume you'd have up to 6 planes flying at once.

I think the Ace-of-Aces series (e.g.Ace of Aces: Flying Machines) can handle one player per book, but I'm not sure if there is an upper limit to the number of books. Ace of Aces

Not sure at all about Aces High.

There is a Down in Flames: Aces High game that also says it handles up to 6 players.

Typically, with more planes in the air than that I'd imagine the games will start to coalesce the planes into units, thus losing the flavor that I am imagining you are seeking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Up Front fan | In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this | Combat Commander series fan | The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me! | Fields of Fire fan
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzy┼╝ Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're OK with miniatures, Check Your 6! rocks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Morgan
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love miniatures! Check your 6 looks like it might be what I'm after. Thanks David!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.