Germany
Koblenz
flag msg tools
designer
Help me! I got addicted to MtG again!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't really know if I will like the game... Android was a big disappointment to me -- but it's only the theme here, so I certainly will take a look.

But: fantastic microbadge Scott! Simplistic and clear! I really like it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys! Glad you like it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
Germany
Bremen
flag msg tools
Ash nazg durbatulûk
badge
#YOLO!
mbmbmbmbmb
lydon wrote:
Don't really know if I will like the game... Android was a big disappointment to me -- but it's only the theme here, so I certainly will take a look.

Can't say, haven't played it. Why did it fall flat for you? I've been considering getting Android for a while now, liking the Cyberpunk theme and all. It does sound intriguing and challenging... Fill me in.

BTW: the micro looks great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Graf
Germany
Koblenz
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Engoduun wrote:

Can't say, haven't played it. Why did it fall flat for you? I've been considering getting Android for a while now, liking the Cyberpunk theme and all. It does sound intriguing and challenging... Fill me in.

I think we wrote a session report/review... nope... with only one play a review wouldn't be fair. But after one play I could not find anyone to play with me. And I was ultra-hot to get this game.

There where some comments to Scott's review starting here: We were bored, too.... Also look for Camelorn's (Re: Talking (A LOT) about Android) posts (he is one of my buddies who also played in our one and only game).

In general: lots of mechanics that don't fit together, lot of stuff you need to keep in mind. Very theme heavy, but for us to a point where it drowned the actual game. Because of this I did not try Arkham Horror since the experience with Android, cause this is also a theme heavy game and I'm no longer sure if it is the kind of experience I want... (but I really like Cthulhu... hmmm....)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Nunes
Portugal
Odivelas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Engoduun wrote:
lydon wrote:

BTW: the micro looks great!

My feelings about this game were a bit mixed also, I love the theme of the game, but the game feels very unbalanced and fiddly and has a kind of a "screw the other player" feeling. Also many people were turned down because there is no true culprit of the crime.

I think that if someone likes the theme and gathers a bunch of people that also like the theme and play the game for what it is (a good story in a cyberpunk setting) then it can be a rewarding experience.

In my experience I also find that playing with 3 players is ideal (maybe 4 one time or another), with 4 or 5 players sometimes the game drags on and there is a lot of downtime (the cards try to fix this but sometimes there is just nothing to do on other players turns).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Head Zach
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's been a few strong attempts to modify the base rules of Android and return the deduction component of the game as well as fixing some of the other mechanics which tend to "rip the player out of the theme" (aka Conspiracy Bingo).

I'm going to have to get off my ass and fabricate those changes one of these days because otherwise the game's theme and design are great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Panella
United States
Beaver Falls
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lydon wrote:

There where some comments to Scott's review starting here: We were bored, too.... Also look for Camelorn's (Re: Talking (A LOT) about Android) posts (he is one of my buddies who also played in our one and only game).

In general: lots of mechanics that don't fit together, lot of stuff you need to keep in mind. Very theme heavy, but for us to a point where it drowned the actual game. Because of this I did not try Arkham Horror since the experience with Android, cause this is also a theme heavy game and I'm no longer sure if it is the kind of experience I want... (but I really like Cthulhu... hmmm....)

For a differing view, Rus made a nice counterpoint to Scott's complaints here. MScrivner's posts in Scott's review also hit the nail (mostly) on the head.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
Germany
Bremen
flag msg tools
Ash nazg durbatulûk
badge
#YOLO!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the kind replies and links - I shall look deeper into this and then make up my own mind about this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Toxic
United Kingdom
Belper
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Try playing android with the dirctor's cut v3 (in Android files section). The games great but takes forever with more than 3 players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
United States
Slippery Rock
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
:l
mbmb
ScottE wrote:
mb Infiltration fan

Enjoy!
Looks really good! And if the game lives up to the anticipation I have for it, then this badge will join my collection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.