The Other Tom
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since I have been a gamer I have been drawn to the game Power Grid based on reviews and what not. However, although the original Power Grid supposedly can be played with two it doesn't seem to shine at all there.

I play almost all my games two-player only. So I was excited to hear about the release of Power Grid: The Robots thinking it would make the game play well with two. At about the same time Power Grid: The First Sparks was announced which sounded promising for two also.

Would you recommend either of these for two players or opt for a better substitute?

If there is a better substitute, what would it be?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Straight

Covington
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
No way in hell I'd play First Sparks with 2. 4 was even too few, really, in the game I played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
While based on 'similar' mechanisms, they are both different in feel. I've only played Sparks one time, but I wouldn't think it would be a good 'replacement' for Power Grid.

Power Grid is a very fun game (I did enjoy Sparks too) and you should see about getting it for when you are able to play with more then 2.

I do know a couple people that have really enjoyed Power Grid with 2 players, so you might find that you might enjoy it also despite what a 'poll' might say about the 'general' feelings of the 'general' population. Robots, might help with enjoying 2 player, but I think you want to start without Robots.

as I said, I've only played Sparks once. It would seem at first glance to be less interesting with 2 then Power Grid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.