Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I had a strange situation come up last night where I had two investigators go through the same game at the same time. It was beneficial to keep them together. However, only one investigator (say A) has enough clues to seal the gate. During the encounter phase, player A successfully completes her encounter. Player B does not and the fail condition is that he is delayed. Next round, movement comes along but, as noted, I want to keep the two players together. Is player A required to move to the second area, or can she opt to stay there? (Provided, of course, that she take an extra encounter.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
davypi wrote:
So I had a strange situation come up last night where I had two investigators go through the same game at the same time. It was beneficial to keep them together. However, only one investigator (say A) has enough clues to seal the gate. During the encounter phase, player A successfully completes her encounter. Player B does not and the fail condition is that he is delayed. Next round, movement comes along but, as noted, I want to keep the two players together. Is player A required to move to the second area, or can she opt to stay there? (Provided, of course, that she take an extra encounter.)

Yes, you are required to move on during each Phase 2 - or stand up if delayed. You cannot stay put by choice.

If you are waiting to close the gate so the other one can get out, you can choose NOT to attempt a close check.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sherlock
United States
Anaheim Hills
California
flag msg tools
badge
Admin @ www.cigargeeks.com
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
davypi wrote:

Yes, you are required to move on during each Phase 2 - or stand up if delayed. You cannot stay put by choice.

If you are waiting to close the gate so the other one can get out, you can choose NOT to attempt a close check.

Which is fine as long as there is no big nasty creature waiting for you at the gate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derrek Kyzar
United States
Ponchatoula
LA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, the first player out gets the explored token and they are connected to individual players, is that correct Brian?

So if Player A comes out first but doesn't have the clues, player B can't use his clues to seal can he?
Or would they both get an explored token? (this makes the most sense)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
dkyzar wrote:
Also, the first player out gets the explored token and they are connected to individual players, is that correct Brian?

So if Player A comes out first but doesn't have the clues, player B can't use his clues to seal can he?
Or would they both get an explored token? (this makes the most sense)

They are connected to individual players. But they both would get one if they both came out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.