Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Braun
United States
Pawtucket
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I could only get two, which ones should I get?

Quarriors
Ora et Labora
Castles of Burgundy
London

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rob cavallo
United States
roseland
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
if you like dominion, i recommend quarriors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shayne Gray
United States
Akron
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would suggest Ora et Labora and Castles of Burgundy. I do not have the games but I do have them on order and should be getting them soon.

I have Quarriors and it is a pretty good game, it would really depend if you like dice rolling and luck being a large part of your game.

London, I do not have nor have I played, but it is also a game that I am interested in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking through your collection and comments, I would recommend staying away from Quarriors since you comment how good it is that M&M doesn't require conflict. Quarriors is nothing but direct attacks, and in 2p, it's much more light (almost shallow) than what seems to be your standard preference.

I'd definitely recommend Burgundy. As for Ora vs. London, that's a tough one. I personally think London plays slightly better with 2p than Ora, provided you play it with the 2p variant listed on the Geek. Ora is great too, but I guess it depends on how you feel about a 2-3 hour game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The root of all evil... but you can call me cookie.
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Castles of Burgundy
London
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Tadyshak
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
You should definitely get Ora et Labora, no question about that one.

I'd say London over Burgundy as it has more replay value. Burgundy just doesn't seem very interesting after 4 or so plays.

Quarriors is just light dice throwing fluff....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val Ruza
Canada
Elmira
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ora et Labora is in my opinion your first choice. Personally I would go with London over Castle of Burgundy, but either would be good picks. As for Quarriors I would remove it from your list and never speak of it again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Fox
United States
Yukon
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
haven't played these, lol, was hoping when i clicked this that you were describing something you like or want and i could give a recommendation based on that . . . my bad!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
thoia wrote:
Castles of Burgundy
London

Ditto.

Although I haven't played the there's. Although, I sat down and learned Quarriors. But after the explanation, I decided to give it a pass.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Braun
United States
Pawtucket
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone. I"m going to go with Ora et Labora and London!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.