Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alessandro Trovato
Italy
Rome
ITALY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I miss something... since there is not a specific "order" to execute (i.e. Reach and Patrol area X), what in the game system should push me to move around zones rather than to Patrol just out of the Port?
The zones are quite similar overall beside some limited variance in the probability of Contacts.

Alex

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Brown
United States
Pottstown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The probability of contacts drives most of my zone movement, as well as spreading my U-Boats across multiple zones to avoid -2 contact penalties for U-Boats rolling in the same zone. Sometimes I end up having U-Boats swap zones because some zones require drawing more event cards when "patrolling".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul S
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorks
flag msg tools
DARK IN HERE, ISN'T IT?
mbmbmbmbmb
What Dean said.

The probability of Contacts does improve as you move West - but more importantly, the number of Event Cards you have to draw to move/patrol out West is significantly lower.

My experience so far is that moving at least, say, 2 of 3 boats out to the West is a useful approach.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Wuthe
Germany
Pfungstadt-Eschollbrücken
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Event cards can put WARNING markers in areas you're in. So in this case it might be also useful to move on...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Wuthe
Germany
Pfungstadt-Eschollbrücken
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And further on there are some special mission zones located in the far west so you have to move further on to fulfill these...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.