Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Deten Anykey
Ukraine
Kyiv
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,
My playing group just got our hands on the Innsmouth Horror expansion (better late than never) but during our first play session we had different views as to how to play the Lightning Storm mythos card.
It reads as follows:
"Mythos Ability: At the start of each Upkeep Phase while this card is in play, roll a die. On a 1 or 2, the first player must choose an investigator in a street area (if there are any). That investigator loses a die of Stamina and moves to St. Mary's Hospital."
As I see it if there is an investigator in the street and the first player rolled 1 or 2, the investigator in the street should roll a die and loss as much stamina as the number on the die.
On the contrary my playgroup unanimously says that the investigator has to suffer 1 or 2 depending on how much first player rolled during the "will it happen" roll.
So please advise how would you rule it?

There is a brief answer here, but the BGG hive mind's opinion will be much appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The 1 or 2 is only to check and see if an investigator in the street gets hit by lightning. If they do, they must roll a die and take that much stamina damage.

Nothing on the card indicates that the die of damage is the previously rolled die. It says "loses a die of stamina", not "loses the die of stamina".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Steward
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agree with DoomTurtle. My group interprets it the way he states.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Harkins
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Adam and the Chelonian of Doom. Roll another die and lose that many Stamina.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deten Anykey
Ukraine
Kyiv
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, everybody for your answers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm with the Gastropod on this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.