Subject: Learning Curve rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeffrey Sanders
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
For someone who has never played any heroclix games before, how hard is it for two people to learn? This star trek themed one has got me quite interested and the little ships look great =D.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan McKinney
United States
El Segundo
California
flag msg tools
badge
Pretty easy to learn, in my opinion, but understanding all of the special abilities and getting how they all interact is the tough part (rather like figuring out card combinations in CCGs).

Of course, I don't know what your level of CCG/CMG/wargaming/whatever experience is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Sanders
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
Been playing Star Trek CCG 2nd edition for 5 years and
WOW TCG for a few years.

So maybe this will help with understanding the game more

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Conklin
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Played my first Heroclix game the other day in anticipation of STH:T and I picked up the basic rules pretty quickly with a background in other tactical minis games.

One thing I'm still struggling with is the whole concept of losing and gaining abilities as you click through the dial....

Is the idea that you not only have to have a synergistic strategy for your force, but also varying strategies as they go through the various stages of their dials? With a force of four, I felt I was missing stuff.

Also, the color coding will take some getting used to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.