Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Commands & Colors: Ancients Expansion Pack #2 – Rome and the Barbarians» Forums » General

Subject: Any NEWS? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Strattanville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just checking to see if anyone has inside information on when this gets reprinted with Expansion 3 and also if this is a straight reprint with both or will they add additional battles? whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
mbmbmbmbmb
Also very interested. Nothing on the horizon though...

I think that it will likely be a straight reprint but all we know for sure is that it will not include the mounted board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Norton
United Kingdom
Macclesfield
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep. I'm waiting for this too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob ZoBell
United States
North Salt Lake
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've held off on buying expansions 4 and 5 until I know that I can get 2 & 3 in my hands. In fact, I held off from buying a copy of Exp 3 that I found at the FLGS because I didn't know if I'd be able to get a vanilla Exp 2 to match up to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
oppenheimer wrote:
I've held off on buying expansions 4 and 5 until I know that I can get 2 & 3 in my hands. In fact, I held off from buying a copy of Exp 3 that I found at the FLGS because I didn't know if I'd be able to get a vanilla Exp 2 to match up to it.

I did something else entirely when I realized how much I like C&C:A - I hunted far and wide and paid way too much for all the out-of-print expansions No regrets whatsoever.

Waiting with getting the later expansions isn't necessary at all, they only have some scenarios that require blocks from previous expansions, and it's easy to substitute them with blocks from the base game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Grainger
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I emailed GMT a couple of weeks ago, and they were non-committal, but slightly reassuring in that they said that it wouldn't need to reach 500 orders on the P500, as it's a reprint.

At the moment it's on 177 (it's moving so slowly sometimes I think it's going backwards!). They didn't say what the required threshold is, but at the current rate, it's going to be weeks before it reaches 200 orders.

I imagine that even if it reached the threshold tomorrow, a few months would pass before it found a place in the schedule, was manufactured, shipped to GMT, etc., so we're looking at late 2012 for a reprint, at the earliest, I'd have thought, but that is just a guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Chard
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmb
I hear ya. The P500 page shows it's actually dropped to 175. I signed up for it at 164 weeks ago, but it's moving pretty slow.

I certainly don't see any used copies of it for sale on eBay... at this rate I may never get my barbarian army :o

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Grainger
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't give up hope... I was able to recently pick up a copy in an auction here, and a copy of expansion 3 on Ebay, after I thought I'd never find them. In fact, two copies of expansion 3 appeared at the same time on Ebay, so I'm sure 2 and 3 will continue to turn up from time to time. Not cheap, but not outrageously expensive... it's the shipping and duty that's the killer, but it depends how much you want it...

Both my recent purchases shipped to the UK from the States, and I'm sure it would be slightly easier and cheaper for a Canadian resident (often US sellers will only ship to the US; other times US and Canada; less often elsewhere in the world). The final recourse, if all that fails, is to use minis or make your own cardboard counters!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Strattanville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got info from GMT that the reprint for Barbarian/Civil Wars probably won't be printed this year because of lack of interest....cry.....total bummer....hopefully I can snipe one on ebay or the marketplace! I really want to play with the barbarians!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Grainger
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a shame. I was lucky enough to recently find copies (one new and one second-hand), and I'd recommend keeping an eye on eBay and Geek auctions (on the Geek, set subscriptions to the two expansions so you're alerted when they come up).

An alternative, which I was considering, is making units out of plastic minis (I didn't get very far with this train of thought before I found my copies, but I imagine 6mm would fit the hexes OK, and would be economical). Might be worth considering for anyone who's really stuck.

For example:
https://www.baccus6mm.com/index.php?content=products/ancient...

96 Celtic figures for £6.00 (£5.00 outside of the EU)! [I have no affiliation with this figure manufacturer, and don't particularly recommend them or not - there are others, and it's just an example.]

Obviously, we're starting to move into minis wargaming territory at this point, rather than boardgaming, but it is, at least, what the game's designer prefers!

For the ultra-cheap solution, there's paper soldiers! http://www.juniorgeneral.org/JClick.php?UID=4908. That's just an example - there are several pages worth of Celts alone (click "back" to go to the list of troop types). Print as many as you like, for free!

Just some woken-by-toddler middle-of-the-night "reasoning" there, but I hope it's helpful to someone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
mbmbmbmbmb
Too bad about this news. I'm not in too much of a rush to get this expansion, but would prefer the big box to buying expansion 2 and 3 separately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One copy available
I have managed to assemble a copy of the OOP exp 2.

Blocks, sticker sheets, terrain, rules and scenario book, new mounted map, and box. All parts new or like new (it's my original box and by the time this came I had alternative storage.) I've also beefed up the packages with the rules and scenarios of the RCW expansion. (About 1/2 the scenarios in that set were barbarians.) Also 4 of the GMT wooden card holders, printed scenarios from C3i and elsewhere, and a new deck of CCA cards.

Heading for eBay but pm me a good price if you would like to avoid the auction.

I know this is on the p500 but there's no telling how long it will take. R v B has some of the coolest scenarios in the series and when I realized I had most of an extra set I started working to assemble the rest and then added extras.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.