Hide
5 Posts

Pirates of the Spanish Main» Forums » Rules

Subject: Gameplay questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Redzinger Pirate
msg tools
My family used to play this game all the time with the older packs. We recently dusted off the game and bought some newer packs online (South China Seas, Ocean's edge, etc). We are now having issues trying to play some of the new "ships". Here are our questions, I am hoping someone can help:

1) Turtle ships: If an opponent has a ship that can eliminate 2 masts with one shot, can it also eliminate 2 turtle ship shells with one shot?

2) Titans (crabs & such): Where is the shot measured from when shooting? The die mark on the crab, the tip of the claws (which tip?), the base of the arm? Can the shot be "fired" over another arm/claw?

3) Sea Dragon: What does "D" mean for movement? Where is the shoot action measured from? Base f the body part? Die mark? Where on the wings? Can the dragon shoot over it's own body?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E Butler
United States
Hughesville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Answers to everything

The Pirate Code

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/48062/the-pirate-code-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Redzinger Pirate
msg tools
Thank you! I think it covers everything!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E Butler
United States
Hughesville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Redzinger wrote:
Thank you! I think it covers everything!

Yea I always thought the game needed some rules clarifications.... little did I know that there were really 50 pages of rules!

Welcome to BGG! .... here's a to get you started.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald Upton
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are also the Pirates Reference Diagrams which are very helpful.

In case you have not yet found the answers, you measure the monsters from the die mark, and other claws don't get in the way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.