Subject: Snow Day? Let's play with Harry Potter. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Sarasio Meyer
United States
Forest City
Iowa
flag msg tools
No Really. Do. or Do not. There is no Try.
badge
Nothing here there is. Look elsewhere you must.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the weather has been crappy around here this weekend, and today we woke to ice covered roads, and a late start at school that very quickly turned to a full blown snow day.
So the girls decided to focus our game playing on all things Harry Potter.

Weplayed several Harry Potter games, including:Scene It? Harry Potter: The Complete Cinematic Journey, Scene It? Harry Potter, Harry Potter Hogwarts, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone Mystery at Hogwarts Game, and Clue: Harry Potter Edition.

After a few sound beatings in the Harry Potter Trivia genre, we moved on to a bit of strategy and luck. If you do not have any of the Lego games and either have children or like Lego's yourself, I would recommend you try one or two of them in a theme that interests you. I have tried several and they are mostly alright games.

We always take turns adding pieces to the board, starting with the four classrooms in the middle, then the space in front of our own hall, and finally the other hallways. This general goes well, and I am glad to see that both girls have an equal amount of strategy to help themselves, while not overtly helping each other.

I generally win this game, so it often turns into me against the world, and today was no different. I got out to a two piece lead and was headed out for my third piece when the girls realized I had two pieces in and they each had none. The mode changed to attack mode and they started putting up road blocks and sending Mrs. Norris after me. I got rather cornered. In that time, Olivia managed to get three pieces back and Madeline got two. This seems bad, but was actually good for me because now the focus was on stopping Olivia from getting the last piece back. I was able to break out and get my third piece home. And two turns later Madeline did too.

But, it was too little to late and just a few short moves (with luck of the dice) later Olivia was home free pulling in her fourth piece for the win.

Now it was on to solving some Harry Potter mysteries.

Thanks for reading.
Cheers,
Dan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.