Subject: Mansions of Madness Print and play? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Fassnacht II
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I seen a little while back there was a game that looked Arkham Horrorish called Mansions of Madness. I haven't played it yet so I have no comments really on it but I did notice some of the expansions said "Print and Play." i was kinda shocked cause i really hadn't seen that before on larger games but some thing kinda bothered me when i looked further in to it and that's that some of the card stock varies on some of the cards. Now doesn't that make it hard to keep things random? I was kinda curious how others felt about it? It already kinda bothers me knowing it when I know it seems like the type of game I would like. Thoughts or comments?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron
United States
Ramsey
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Hey...
badge
Down here...
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't mix the "print on demand" cards in. They give you an entire new deck of the exploration cards.

Therefore, there are no issues of keeping things random.

I own them all. And enjoy them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron
United States
Ramsey
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Hey...
badge
Down here...
mbmbmbmbmb
From here:
Quote:
Note: Due to variations in printing, cards from Print on Demand expansions will be subtly different in appearance and texture from base game cards. For this reason, any necessary base game cards (such as “nothing of interest” Exploration cards) are reprinted in each expansion, to retain a consistent appearance when shuffled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Fassnacht II
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
soiledshortz wrote:
You don't mix the "print on demand" cards in. They give you an entire new deck of the exploration cards.

Therefore, there are no issues of keeping things random.

I own them all. And enjoy them.

LOL! Oh boy. I think i must have read threw there too fast and missed that. Thanks for clearing it up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron
United States
Ramsey
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Hey...
badge
Down here...
mbmbmbmbmb
No prob.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Tullsen
United States
Tigard
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet.
badge
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
mbmbmbmbmb
horror1o1 wrote:
i was kinda shocked cause i really hadn't seen that before on larger games but some thing kinda bothered me when i looked further in to it and that's that some of the card stock varies on some of the cards. Now doesn't that make it hard to keep things random?

BTWs small world has a PnP expansion although I'm not sure if it's official or not...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.