United States
Kirkland
Wa
flag msg tools
I threw a boomerang a few years ago...
badge
I now live in constant fear.
mbmbmbmbmb
Opening the box of a new game for the first time is always a great feeling. It's like Christmas has come all over again as you get to look at the pieces.

This feeling holds true even if it isn't your game. The game was a Christmas present for Pooka that we were finally getting around to playing. Pooka, Aesa and I sat down to learn this new game.

First thing we noticed was the board. Wow! Talk about a large board! We were lucky enough to have table space for it. Next came punching out all the pieces. That is always a treat. Oh! And real wooden pieces! I really like it when a game includes decent pieces. Just makes you feel like you are about to play a real quality game.

Pieces out, time to read the rules! This took a bit, as things weren't easily explained in some parts (or we just didn't understand what we were reading all that well...it happens!) But, we had a good feeling about how to play, so we gave it a go!

I was in a rather bouncy/happy mood and was just out sailing my piece out and about when I decided to go for one of the big scoring islands. This led Pooka to decide to not let me have it so easily. Thus started the epic island battle of 2012. (Ok, maybe it's too early to call it THE epic battle...but it certainly felt like one!) She kept trying to position herself to force me to include her scouts in the building of MY island.

Meanwhile, Aesa just went along happily building her own little part of the sea with neither of the two of us paying close enough attention!

Somewhere in the blur of me trying to secure my own little foothold of this endless water, the girls ended up demolishing me. Suddenly there were islands everywhere! And no points for me to be had!

I would go into humiliating detail as to the little dance the girls were doing as we were counting the final scores, but I think the numbers will embarrass me enough.

Tsara - 49
Aesa - 87
Pooka - 87

The girls even tied! As if beating me wasn't enough...they did it as a team. And since they both had the same amount of gold at the end of the game, it was a true tie.

Me? My ship is sunk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.