United States
Castleton
New York
flag msg tools
Check out my blog, Board Game Radar!!!
badge
Stop! That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
In the Dragon Rampage phase, you draw a card and resolve it.

If it has values listed, you look to the appropriate section. If you are playing with 4 players you subtract 2 from the values and with 3 players you subtract 4 from the values.

Wouldn't it be easier to put one (in a 4p game) or two (in a 3p game) unused Hero Action Tokens (each with a 2 value) at the right end of the Dragon Rampage track to keep track that way?

--------------------------------

I also want to make sure I'm reading this card correctly:

If the total of all the Hero Action Tokens is 8 or less, everyone on an odd space takes 1 wound.

If the total is 9 or more, the closest heroes (not on the start space) take 1 wound and the farthest heroes get knocked backwards and take 1 wound.

Did I get that right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Launius
United States
Johns Creek
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

If the total of all the Hero Action Tokens is 8 or less, everyone on an odd space takes 1 wound.

If the total is 9 or more, the closest heroes (not on the start space) take 1 wound and the farthest heroes get knocked backwards and take 1 wound.

Did I get that right?

You have it correct. Based on the total number by all players in the Dragon Rampage Action Boxes, this card is resolved. So if 8 or less with five players, all Odd Spaces suffer 1 wound. If 9 or more, only the slowest Hero(es)are attacked, suffering 1 wound and being knocked back 1 space.

Wouldn't it be easier to put one (in a 4p game) or two (in a 3p game) unused Hero Action Tokens (each with a 2 value) at the right end of the Dragon Rampage track to keep track that way?

Maybe, but that seems like it takes extra book keeping since they might get knocked around each turn, but I think it would work ok if you want to do that. The subtraction works of 2 for each player under 5 worked well in play testing and I played a game this weekend with 4 and it was easy to manage, so it should be a smooth process in your games, but if you prefer the method you note above, I am sure that works fine also - essentially the same result, just obtained in a different way.

Thanks for your interest, and your example.

Richard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
david karasick
United States
Gladwyne
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can the game be played with 2?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snappy Dan
United States
Wesley Chapel
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Richard Launius wrote:

You have it correct. Based on the total number by all players in the Dragon Rampage Action Boxes, this card is resolved. If 9 or more [in a 5-player game], only the slowest Hero(es)are attacked, suffering 1 wound and being knocked back 1 space.

I'm confused, as the two sentences I italicized above don't agree. You said what fanaka66 said (first italicized sentence) was correct, yet then contradicted it (second italicized sentence). So, which is correct:

Explanation A

* Hero(es) closest to the start space, yet not on it, takes 1 wound.
* Hero(es) furthest along the path rolls Movement die and is knocked back that number of spaces. [Is the die rolled once for all Heroes (i.e, all Heroes are knocked back the same number of spaces), or does each Hero roll the die (i.e, each Hero may be knocked back a different number of spaces)?]
* Hero(es) furthest along the path takes 1 wound.

Explanation B

* Hero(es) closest to the start space, yet not on it, takes 1 wound.
* Hero(es) furthest along the path rolls Movement die and is knocked back that number of spaces.

Explanation C (what you wrote above, which doesn't agree with the text on the card)

* The slowest Hero(es)are attacked, suffering 1 wound and being knocked back 1 space [Hero(es) furthest along the path aren't affected.]

I'll be playing this tomorrow for the first time (4-player game), so I want to make sure I understand everything.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike P
United States
Castleton
New York
flag msg tools
Check out my blog, Board Game Radar!!!
badge
Stop! That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
I would play it with Explanation A, with only 1 die roll.

If I remember correctly, the Tail Whip card has been changed somewhat, but they used the version I showed in the rulebook as an example.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Jones
United States
Auburndale
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be lovely if this question could be answered correctly and added to the FAQ. I think I will play with "option B", assuming I can finally get this to the table. This card is very poorly worded and is a strange choice to use as the Dragon Rampage card archetype in the rules.

The first part of the text isn't even a sentence: "Slowest hero(es) not including start space..." This only makes sense if you read this as the answer to the question: who takes damage? In this context, the final "also farthest hero" portion of the text only dictates backwards movement, not damage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.