Testy Testerson
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The Limelight On: YINSH
Great review! I personally -LOVE- the aesthetics of the Project GIPF games. I have only played Tzaar so far (har har), but it has that pleasing Go type minimalism that I enjoy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great review. We have all of the GIPF series and this is probably our favorite
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Witzany
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Styfen wrote:
(Am I the only person over five who has an urge to put bakelite pieces in my mouth?)

Not at all. Bakelite is one of those great tactile sensations, and sounds great when you bite it, too. Right up there with stone.

More than you wanted to know?

Great review, by the by. I love YINSH and ZÈRTZ; I suspect I'd like the rest of the Project Gipf games, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Mitchell
United States
Elk Grove
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Terrible game. My 12 year old daughter kept beating me. I guess I wasn't paying attention to what was going on because I am such a better game player then her.

Stupid game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dvonn Yinsh
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Let me join the chorus...I love the art and esthetics of the entire Gipf series, including the Yinsh's blue speckled components and the understated board. Lurve it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dlminsac wrote:
Terrible game. My 12 year old daughter kept beating me. I guess I wasn't paying attention to what was going on because I am such a better game player then her.

Stupid game!

Lay off the Stout!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Miller
United States
Brunswick
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My son, 16 years old, and I just played it the other night for the first time. He is an extremely good abstract thinker and this game, to be honest, intimidated me from the looks of it. The play was simple and quick and I did lose 3-1 but it wasn't a total blowout. I'm actually looking forward to playing him again this weekend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
By the way, this entire series of games gets looks from coffee-shop goers, and more than a passing interest. You could certainly plop down at a table and set the board up and get some stranger involved. Kinda like "Casual YINSH"...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.