Subject: My set (pics, etc, you know how it goes) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Evin Weston
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
I'm not done everything yet. I'm mostly done all the bad guys (still working on the big ones), but I'm saving all the player characters for very last so that I have the most practice possible when I finally tackle them since this is my first time painting minis of any description.

I'll keep updating this thread with pictures as I take them.

The first thing I finished were my warrens. Even though I'm not super awesome and didn't pull it all off as well as I could have, I am pretty much in love with the concept I had for them.

I just thought it made sense that they were supposed to be a feature of those crystal-y boards, so I just ran with that.

Here's a mess of kobolds. I apologize for the lighting being as crap as it ended up. Turns out my phone isn't as good a camera as I'd hoped it was.

The flingers easily turned out the best. Of course everything looks like garbage and is making me regret bothering to post these at all but whatever. They look pretty rad in person. I just kinda nailed the colour scheme on those guys. Lots of leather and green. Turned out rad. Everyone else, enh. I kinda like the knuckleheads in person. Their shields look cute. And I dig the shade of blue I got for the priest skin. They turned out okay I guess.

Here's the little dragons. Of all the bad guys I did them first since they were the simplest and I was the least practiced at the time.

It's really proof how awful my camera is that that one whelpling shows up as, like, orange. He's really more of a pink. And even though half those hatchlings turned out a darker green than I wanted (I bought a pretty limited set of paint to begin with and was failing pretty hard at mixing the right shade), I like the orange one. It's like fighting little Charmanders!

Oh and chests.

Whatever. Chests are boring.

And that's all I have finished. I'm still fighting with the eggs on the clutch, and like I said I'm just starting on the big guys. I'm digging what I have done on my Rexes at the moment, though.

Why yes, I am painting one like the Hulk. Because why the hell not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice paint jobs!

I also had to paint one Rex in Hulk colors. Rex Smash!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Taylor
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your Warrens are great. I'm stealing those colors...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan F
Canada
flag msg tools
Hmmm... I'm almost finished gluing my figures together and was debating whether or not I actually wanted to take the time to paint them. I haven't done any miniatures painting in... in well, decades, but it might be something fun to do again.

Can I ask what kind of paint you are using? And maybe if you can point me towards any decent online tutorial or tips style stuff?

You've inspired me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Rob
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
Very inspiring! Just picked up my copy of SDE today, and The paint jobs i'm finding here at BGG will definitely help me along with getting them painted up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.