Subject: Has anyone miss placed a Game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Fassnacht II
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So today i got to thinking about a old favorite of my families "Once Upon a Time." And to my dismay cannot find it.Which is a little disturbing for me cause i keep all my games in a game cupboard or in the closet. Anyone else loose a game like that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have HeroQuest around somewhere - just not where I look...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Fassnacht II
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fateswanderer wrote:
I have HeroQuest around somewhere - just not where I look...

Suddenly I feel better. That is a rough one to miss place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have no clue where my HeroQuest is, either. Had it when I was 16-ish, then didn't play any board games for nearly a decade, and suddenly it was gone. Had HeroQuest: Wizards of Morcar, HeroQuest: Against the Ogre Horde, HeroQuest: Return of the Witch Lord and HeroQuest: Kellar's Keep, too, and it was the first game where I painted minis, ever.

I think I might have thrown it away...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Fassnacht II
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
haslo wrote:
I have no clue where my HeroQuest is, either. Had it when I was 16-ish, then didn't play any board games for nearly a decade, and suddenly it was gone. Had HeroQuest: Wizards of Morcar, HeroQuest: Against the Ogre Horde, HeroQuest: Return of the Witch Lord and HeroQuest: Kellar's Keep, too, and it was the first game where I painted minis, ever.

I think I might have thrown it away...

Holy Crap!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Marti
Switzerland
Riedholz
Solothurn
flag msg tools
Super Trooper, I said!
badge
Waaagh
mbmbmbmbmb
It hurts less for as long as you think - or hope - it is somewhere around.

I can tell you it hurts way more, when you know you threw it away.
I got rid of my Space Hulk in 1994 because WH40k was sooooo much better (not limited to Termies vs genestealers, etc.). And I did the same with Necromunda and Gorka Morka and ...

10 years later it is exactly these games I have so many fond memories.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
murks666 wrote:
10 later it is exactly these games I have so many fond memories.

Who knows, it might be better this way I've recently uncovered my Necromunda, and couldn't get through the rulebook, much less have a playing partner with as regular play possibilities as we had 10-15 years ago

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilad Yarnitzky
Israel
Reut
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I once took coloretto on a trip and put it in a backpack. For several weeks I did not remember where it was until I needed that specific backpack and found it in it. So yes, it happens.

If anyone says that it is because you have too many games, ignore them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sharon Khan
United Kingdom
Shefford
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
Games, games and more games!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've misplaced the game I bought my son for Christmas last year - and we never even got to play it! I keep hoping it'll turn up, but I don't even know where it could have been put! Luckily it was only a £3 card game, but at this rate he'll be too old for it by the time I find it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
Man is most nearly himself when he achieves...
badge
We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
mbmbmbmbmb
When I find out who and where this "Miss Placed" is, I am going to give her a good talking to for stealing all those games!

Once Upon a Time is a hard one to lose. Fortunately, it seems to be in print, so it could have been a lot worse. Good luck; hopefully your old copy turns up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg S
United States
Gloucester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I cannot find my copy of Pick Picknic anywhere. I believe I left my 2nd copy of Ticket to Ride: Nordic Countries at an ex-girlfriend's house, but I have no desire to retrieve it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Shipley
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
the liberal unsavory type
mbmbmbmbmb
horror1o1 wrote:
So today i got to thinking about a old favorite of my families "Once Upon a Time." And to my dismay cannot find it.Which is a little disturbing for me cause i keep all my games in a game cupboard or in the closet. Anyone else loose a game like that?

I wanted to teach my son Monsters Menace America last year before the WBC Juniors tournament, went to the shelf and it was gone. Didn't remember lending it out and am sure I didn't sell it. Eventually replaced it through a Geekbay auction, but it bugs me that I don't remember what happened to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rob cavallo
United States
roseland
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ive misplaced Chrononauts for the longest time, until i found it in box with mage knight figures in my basement.

how it got in there, i'll never know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JonnyRotten
United States
Montpelier
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My friend lost Fortune and Glory for about 3 months. He brought it home from a game day, and then it disappeared.

Then about November, he found his mom had picked it up, and put it in her closet to wrap for Christmas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Thomas
United States
North Kansas City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When my son graduated high school and moved out, I'm pretty sure I "misplaced" 5-6 games that he liked. That was consistent with the 20-30 DVDs I "misplaced" about the same time
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The coolest best thing I have ever done in my life is being a father
badge
The Dread Pirate Caleb!! (age 2)
mbmbmbmbmb
All the time - I am horrible about putting stuff back where I got it.

Plus my daughter likes to go into daddy's game room and take stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Fassnacht II
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brother Jim wrote:
When I find out who and where this "Miss Placed" is, I am going to give her a good talking to for stealing all those games!

Once Upon a Time is a hard one to lose. Fortunately, it seems to be in print, so it could have been a lot worse. Good luck; hopefully your old copy turns up.

Yeah i was pretty bummed when i didn't see it and couldn't find it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Marti
Switzerland
Riedholz
Solothurn
flag msg tools
Super Trooper, I said!
badge
Waaagh
mbmbmbmbmb
haslo wrote:
murks666 wrote:

Who knows, it might be better this way :) I've recently uncovered my Necromunda, and couldn't get through the rulebook, much less have a playing partner with as regular play possibilities as we had 10-15 years ago :D

... even worse, I spent a lot of cash to get copies of all these games (and a lot more gems I missed 10 or 20 years ago).

But now I am a proud owner of Heroquest, Starquest, Warhammer Quest, Necromunda, ...

However still no Golden Collector Microbadge - sigh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Fassnacht II
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
murks666 wrote:
haslo wrote:
murks666 wrote:

Who knows, it might be better this way I've recently uncovered my Necromunda, and couldn't get through the rulebook, much less have a playing partner with as regular play possibilities as we had 10-15 years ago

... even worse, I spent a lot of cash to get copies of all these games (and a lot more gems I missed 10 or 20 years ago).

But now I am a proud owner of Heroquest, Starquest, Warhammer Quest, Necromunda, ...

Yeah I have a lot of golden oldies too but no badge either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
murks666 wrote:

I am content with my silver one, in pursuit of the golden picture uploader one now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Bolland
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
PLAY
badge
Loooooooooooooooon!
mbmbmbmbmb
sa266 wrote:
I've misplaced the game I bought my son for Christmas last year - and we never even got to play it! I keep hoping it'll turn up, but I don't even know where it could have been put! Luckily it was only a £3 card game, but at this rate he'll be too old for it by the time I find it!

I have a suggestion - look inside other games. Once when I was going on a trip, I put a couple small card games inside another game box that had a lot of empty space so I could take more games along. After I got back, I kept wondering where the other card games went. Months later, I finally opened the box and there they were! (Apparently I need to pack small card games inside more popular games.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stuart
United States
Los Alamos
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes! I've misplaced my copy of A House Divided. I had it; I had put it in a large yellow envelope. It was lying around just a few years ago, but now I can't find it. It has to be somewhere in one of my boxes of old papers & things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clare Cannon
Wales
Trefforest
Mid Glamorgan
flag msg tools
mb
I scoffed when I first read this post... how can any one lose a game? they are big enough... then I got to thinking...

I don't know where my copy of Sherlock Holmes: The Card Game is. Its not in the deck box its usually kept in.
I don't know where Call of Cthulhu: The Card Game is and Where is Moldova? is gone from the top of the wardrobe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Fassnacht II
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
exparrot wrote:
I scoffed when I first read this post... how can any one lose a game? they are big enough... then I got to thinking...

I don't know where my copy of Sherlock Holmes: The Card Game is. Its not in the deck box its usually kept in.
I don't know where Call of Cthulhu: The Card Game is and Where is Moldova? is gone from the top of the wardrobe.

LOL! Ya you wouldn't think some one could loose one but it happens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I've lost a game. If you find a game in your collection that you don't remember acquiring, it's probably mine and you can just ship it back to me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.