Subject: keeping track of used consume powers? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Leo S.
Chile
Valdivia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you have some mechanism to keep track of wich consume powers you have already used during a consume phase?
Just beginning the adventure of playing the game and my memory is really bad.
Thanks....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
See the person next to you? Kill! Kill!!! KILLL!!!!
badge
I'm your baby! Can you feel it?
mbmbmbmbmb
You can always turn the used card horizontally. That should work quite well.

Say this is the card: |
once you use its power, just do this: _

Another way would be; I usually organize my tableau into two rows, the upper and the lower one.

So if I use a card from the upper row, I just slide it a bit further away from me, and if I use a card from the lower row, just slide it a bit closer to me. This way should also be very handy...

Helps?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo S.
Chile
Valdivia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pedrator wrote:
You can always turn the used card horizontally. That should work quite well.
Another way would be; I usually organize my tableau into two rows, the upper and the lower one.
So if I use a card from the upper row, I just slide it a bit further away from me, and if I use a card from the lower row, just slide it a bit closer to me.
Helps?

Helps a lot.
Maybe I'm too focused on the rules itself to get so simple and elegant solutions by myself.
I'm glad I asked and happy for the lightning help. Obrigado.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Dove
United States
Las Animas
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use the tilting method myself although I only tilt them a small amount and then right them after my consumes are done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
United States
DURHAM
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I usually put the good with the consume power, laying it on top of the card (and my goods when they are just sitting there are under the planet, so that is distinct).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
We use little glass beads.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG
mbmbmbmbmb
We used to do this:

Take the cards you will be consuming and place them on the cards you would like to consume. Place the consumed good on the bottom end of a card to show it is consuming and so you can see the consume power to add up the points. Once everyone has done this, then add the points and remove the cards one by one to show that the good has been consumed.

This sounds a lot more confusing than when it's played. It's also quicker than "tapping" the planets you have consumed on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo S.
Chile
Valdivia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thorium wrote:

Take the cards you will be consuming and place them on the cards you would like to consume. Place the consumed good on the bottom end of a card to show it is consuming and so you can see the consume power to add up the points. Once everyone has done this, then add the points and remove the cards one by one to show that the good has been consumed.

Sounds interesting. First organize, then score. But you loose track of which color/type the good is, so reorganization is not possible. I will try it anyway. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Kwan
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alerce wrote:
But you loose track of which color/type the good is, so reorganization is not possible.

Reorganization? Real men do not reorganize.
arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo S.
Chile
Valdivia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alan Kwan wrote:
alerce wrote:
But you loose track of which color/type the good is, so reorganization is not possible.

Reorganization? Real men do not reorganize.
arrrh

Jeje....they were just my first games, even with predefined starting hands.
Now I'm already in the "real (old) world".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.