Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew J
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
Invicta
mbmbmbmbmb
Just received this game and haven't even punched the tiles out yet. I'm just wondering whether people use the optional roadrunner tiles instead of, or in addition to, the roadrunner tracks? Do people find them useful?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vasilis
Greece
Heraklion Crete
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
myrmex wrote:
Just received this game and haven't even punched the tiles out yet. I'm just wondering whether people use the optional roadrunner tiles instead of, or in addition to, the roadrunner tracks? Do people find them useful?

You actually do not have a choice. You must use the roadrunner tracks.

The use of tiles is optional. {I do use them}
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justus
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would use the tiles. The track is ok for keeping track of relative roadrunner awesomeness (and for sucking off animeeples) but for the content of my creatures, I prefer having it all in one spot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Taylor
United States
Unspecified
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The tiles are handy because you can see at a glance how many letters of DNA a species has.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question, Andrew - I too prefer to place the RR tile on the placeholder card; this is especially helpful for new players to see what they have at a glance.

We have found ourselves running out of M tiles, however.

As noted, the Roadrunner Track takes priority and should always be used in conjunction with the tiles, if you opt to use them. In other words, always place a species' animal(s) on the RR Track(s) as managing your pieces (each species gets only 8) is another strategy layer in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew J
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
Invicta
mbmbmbmbmb
aaarg_ink wrote:
I would use the tiles. The track is ok for keeping track of relative roadrunner awesomeness (and for sucking off animeeples) but for the content of my creatures, I prefer having it all in one spot.

Ah yes, it hadn't registered with me that you have to use the tracks at least to use up an animeeple (thanks to all who pointed this out).

I'm glad to hear that people find the tiles useful too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Eklund
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden Würtenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The roadrunner tiles are useful for you as the controlling player, but the roadrunner track is useful for your carnivorous opponents who are interested in preying on you. They can see at a glance if they are big enough, fast enough, nocturnal enough, etc. to catch you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew J
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
Invicta
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah! The penny drops. Thanks Phil.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.