Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon Emmins
United Kingdom
Eastleigh
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi folks,

Just to let you know FindYourGameStore has undergone a complete redesign and is now integrated with Google Maps. Drop by and have a look!

http://www.findyourgamestore.co.uk/

(For those of you not in the know, FYGS is a directory website of all the bricks and mortar gaming stores in the UK and Republic of Ireland)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: FindYourGameStore Redesigned
Gunhex wrote:
Hi folks,

Just to let you know FindYourGameStore has undergone a complete redesign and is now integrated with Google Maps. Drop by and have a look!

http://www.findyourgamestore.co.uk/

(For those of you not in the know, FYGS is a directory website of all the bricks and mortar gaming stores in the UK and Republic of Ireland)

Just a thought, maybe you could add "(UK/Ireland)" in the title and save some people some clicks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Emmins
United Kingdom
Eastleigh
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed, and fixed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Grazier
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Check out my boardgame demoing website! www.geek-craft.com
badge
Near northeast Ohio? Come to one of my game nights! www.geek-craft.com
mbmbmbmbmb
What's the best way / site to do this if you're in the US?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Emmins
United Kingdom
Eastleigh
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I just put together a small front end php page and then created a map on Google Maps to link to. Google handles a lot of the interface and will even give you the code to embed the map in to your existing site if you have one (like the mini-map on mine).

The trick is really getting the data together. You'd need some way of getting every store in the US, as well as updating it when stores open or close.

But basically, if you have the data I recommend Google Maps. It makes things easy for the users (directions to the store, links to their webpages, etc.) and is easy to maintain.

I'm happy to pass on any advice I can if you want the help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Grazier
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Check out my boardgame demoing website! www.geek-craft.com
badge
Near northeast Ohio? Come to one of my game nights! www.geek-craft.com
mbmbmbmbmb
No, just wondering if someone else was running a site. I'm busy volunteering and running www.geek-craft.com, but would love to see a US or even just an Ohio site that does this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Way
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you taken a look at:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/426844/the-great-flgs-of...

?

Seems to be experiencing 'technical difficulties' in terms of adding new sites, but would seem a solid starting place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Emmins
United Kingdom
Eastleigh
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just drop an email with all your details to the Contact Us link. We'll check you are a real store and actually stock hobby games, but other than that you'll be up pretty quickly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.