Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Commands & Colors: Ancients Expansion Pack #6 – The Spartan Army» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Tanagra rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robin Reeve
Switzerland
St-Légier
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
Looking for a game session in Switzerland? Send me a pm!
mbmbmbmbmb
Played that one solo today.
The Athenians had a Mounted Charge in their initial hand, so threw the Thessalian cavalry around the Spartan left.
Two turns later, the cavalry had vaporized without having had the opportunity to switch sides.
The Spartan had an early Line Command.
Then things went quite wide.
The battle was very attritional, and the Spartans seemed to be about to win the day.
But the Athenians managed to kill two shattered "bronze" hoplite units in one stroke, with the late arriving hoplites of Myronides (elimination, momentum, attack and elimination other hoplite), before the Spartan were able to score their 6th banner.

Here is the endgame situation :

The two Athenian generals are hugging together at the center of the battlefield, and Spartan Nicodemes has taken some steps back to contemplate the disaster... His left wing commander dominates his part of the battle, but unfortunately to no avail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel (working on TENNISmind...)
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My latest game: Big*Bang, a simple abstract about the first minutes of the Universe
badge
My best-rated game: TETRARCHIA, about the tetrarchy that saved Rome
mbmbmbmbmb
It is so great to finally see two Greek armies facing each other!

I'm half-way stickering...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Reeve
Switzerland
St-Légier
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
Looking for a game session in Switzerland? Send me a pm!
mbmbmbmbmb
BTW, you can notice that the Spartan right/Athenian left remained rather stable (but even one more Spartan turn could have smashed the 1 block Athenian Hoplites with the attack of Auxiliae and/or LI).
The battle was won in the center.
The slight success on the Spartan left was not enough to save the situation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.