Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mateusz Łukomski
Germany
Bonn
Nord Rhein-Westfallen
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hey, I'm a Computer Science student of the University of Bonn and I love boardgames as probably everyone else here

Is there any gaming group in Bonn meeting regularly?
If not, would there be someone interested in starting up a new one? I'd love to play boardgames much more often and I hope to find some more geeks like me from the area.

Oh, and by the way, I am aware that there is a gaming group in Koln and Hurth, but it would be more comfortable to have one in Bonn than having to go there each time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Magiera
Germany
Bonn
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Mateusz,

there is a regular boardgaming group at the bistro "Pauke", Endenicher Str. in Bonn. They meet every Tuesday at 19:00. But it's a german speaking crowd, even if some of the games played are in English.
I wouldn't mind building a new english-speaking group though. That way I could practise my spoken English again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mateusz Łukomski
Germany
Bonn
Nord Rhein-Westfallen
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thank you for informing me about the existing group.
I think that it would be great to build a new english speaking group, we just need more players willing to join us

Is anyone else out there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominik Grottian
Germany
Wachtberg
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there,
I would be interested. I am an English teacher based in Bonn who'd like to play more often having a growing collection of games. I won't be able to join the existing German group on Tuesdays. Any other days, maybe weekend would be just fine.
So count me in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mateusz Łukomski
Germany
Bonn
Nord Rhein-Westfallen
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi, sorry for silence, but it's my exam period now and I am focusing hard on studying.
I think that the three of us is already a good start - we should fix some meeting date and place.
Do you have any ideas about where could we possibly meet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominik Grottian
Germany
Wachtberg
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, we've (couple in the early thirties)got a huge kind of a living room kitchen with a big table in Römlinghoven. That's just south of the Südbrücke, right next to Oberkassel. So, not exactly in the centre of Bonn, but really not far out. By tram 15 minutes from the central station. That would be an option. I just bought some new games (Olympos, Yspahan, Jenseits von Theben, Aqua Romana etc.) which I am keen on testing out as soon as possible. Weekends are best including Fridays. I assume that you are not German, because otherwise talking English while playing would be kind of weird without any real foreigners. My wife is Greek by the way, and speaks an excellent English and would probably join us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Magiera
Germany
Bonn
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oberkassel sounds good, I also live and work on the "schääl Sick".
Do you want to meet during the week in the evenings or rather on the weekend ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mateusz Łukomski
Germany
Bonn
Nord Rhein-Westfallen
flag msg tools
mbmb
That's very nice of you to offer us a place by your table This weekend is not very likely for me, but what about meeting today in the afternoon (I'm available any time past 14, I assume that as a student it's me, who's got more time flexibility ), even if only for a quick game and a cup of coffee to get to know each other?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominik Grottian
Germany
Wachtberg
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, but I am not as flexible as that. Fridays to Sundays, afternoons and evenings are definitely the best days for us. Normal weekdays are too stuffed. Tomorrow evening would be just fine with me, the same goes for the weekend, but today is already taken. So what do you say? Next week then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mateusz Łukomski
Germany
Bonn
Nord Rhein-Westfallen
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hallo again!
I'm sorry for such a long silence, but I was having a tough run through my exam period. Now I'm fortunately finished, so we may plan a meeting!

What would you say to Thursday afternoon/evening?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominik Grottian
Germany
Wachtberg
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there,
as I said, normal weekdays are too stuffed. I've got long hours on Thursday. Friday (not this one), Saturday and Sunday are usually fine. I am thinking of going on a Spieleabend on Mondays in the bar Annotubac (Kölnstr. 47, centre of Bonn) on a regular basis, just have to see if that is going to work out. That's also where we could meet for a start. They've got their next meeting next Monday. This is the link: http://www.groops.de/spieltrieb/event/woechentlicher-spielet...
So, what about Monday evening there? They are of course a German crowd, but there are enough tables to open up an English one. Probably some would join us anyway be it in German or English.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mateusz Łukomski
Germany
Bonn
Nord Rhein-Westfallen
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ok then, we're meeting on Monday evening. See you there!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominik Grottian
Germany
Wachtberg
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I am really sorry but I caught a cold and I am sniffing and sneezing all over the table, so there is no way I can take part tonight. I am really sorry, I hope you read this before you are going. But anyway you will find decent people there who very probably speak some decent English as well and let you join the games. Hope to hear from you soon, and see what we can work out for another try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mateusz Łukomski
Germany
Bonn
Nord Rhein-Westfallen
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for warning me I read your message just before going out.
I'm going home for a couple of weeks now and I will be back to Bonn at the beginning of March. Seems like we'll have to organise something then.

Get well soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Daugsch
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there.
I´m also searching a gaming group in Bonn and I was wondering If it´s ok to jump on the train

My english is pretty good I think, but a bit rusted so it would be nice training it again.

I got some Euro games as well as some American niceness.

I got two new ones recently and haven´t played them yet : Battles of Westeros and Castles of Burgundy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mateusz Łukomski
Germany
Bonn
Nord Rhein-Westfallen
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hey, Michael!
It is a good news for my taste, since the more people the more fun and more opportunities to arrange a meeting.

I'll be back to Bonn around the end of March after all and we should meet then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Koch
Germany
Bonn
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there, I was just searching around for a topic about gaming in Bonn and thought I could highjack this one.
I will move from Göttingen to Bonn in about 2 weeks (due to a new job) and as I am not able to live without boardgames for more than 1 week I am searching for people to play with. I am not a native english speaker (as you can see) but I would be happy if I could join you in the near future.

In addition, if someone has any additional ideas where to play games in Bonn (german or english) or knows where to find a FLGS (besides the one in Köln) please let me know.

Thanks,

Tim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominik Grottian
Germany
Wachtberg
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there,
I can offer a spacious place with around 70 games (Dominion and Carcassonne with all extensions, lots of high quality strategy games and abstracts (many Gigamics)), almost every Thursday evening. It's really close to Bonn. Language could be English, French or even German Anybody interested?
Dominik

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Daugsch
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Timo, there is one FLGS and a LGS.

Bonner Comicladen is the first one, you should know it already. They have a really great stock of Comics and english fantasy and SciFi novels.

On the second floor they got the gamer goodness. Tabletops, RPG´s and a small selection of Boardgames (mainly FFG and rare picks from special themes like Cthulhu, and old school complex games).

Then there is Puppenkoenig. It´s a toyshop in general, go to the third floor for your pleasure

They cover almost all topsellers of the major german distributors. Good thing here: The seperate the complex from the family gams. You can get the Ravensburger-Alea games there, as well as Hans im Glück and others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jörg Wandel
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi there everyone..

I´m living some 30km south of Bonn and would be interessted in joining a boardgamegang...

I guess that mr. Daugsch must know me. there is not such a big amount of Daugschs i guess...

so have you already managed to meet somewhere, somehow?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.